Ball lightning or one of the mystery orbs?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I don’t know where this footage was recorded (probably somewhere in Europe) … But pretty weird video isn’t it?

Then the ball lightning follows the tracks before crossing them after a little while.

ball-lightning-railway.jpg

On the other side of the tracks, the glowing blue ball continues towards the forest, before exploding.

What’s behind this weird phenomenon? Anybody with an idea? Rain and high-voltage must be a part of the solution, I guess.

Mysterious ball lightning glowing blue orb on video - Strange Sounds

Reactions: Paintman

I don’t know where this footage was recorded (probably somewhere in Europe) … But pretty weird video isn’t it?

Then the ball lightning follows the tracks before crossing them after a little while.

ball-lightning-railway.jpg

On the other side of the tracks, the glowing blue ball continues towards the forest, before exploding.

What’s behind this weird phenomenon? Anybody with an idea? Rain and high-voltage must be a part of the solution, I guess.

Mysterious ball lightning glowing blue orb on video - Strange Sounds

I know next to nothing about ball lighting, but I do know photos/film/video of the phenomena occurring naturally are extremely rare. Would be an incredible coincidence for someone to just happen to be in the exact right place at the exact right time to get the video. The color/intensity of the blue lighted sphere reminds of arc welding.

My gut feel is it's a fake, but I've never used CGI to create a video so I don't know how feasible it would be to use it to make something like this. I wonder if the obvious lens flares are a clue in helping to determine if the video is legit? Would like to hear T-Bob's take on the video.

Reactions: Paintman
If fake, it's a very good one. The ball matches descriptions of ball lightning. The lens flare is reflecting off a lens coating. Could it be faked. Of course, However, it just as well could be the real deal.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
The apparent explosion at the end bothers me. It looks fake and why end the video there?

My grandpa, uncle, and mom saw ball lightning in the early 60's. They lived out in the country and had a well and septic. They described it as the size of a bowling ball, it went straight through the front door without burning it, and followed the path of the cast iron water main pipe.
That straight line path lead to the kitchen sink in the back of the house, where the ball lightning dived down beneath the floor.
I'll call Mom tomorrow and see if she remembers any more details.

Wow , I have never seen anything like that before, but it does look real to me.