Bad Weather Stories

I am not a big feminist by any means, I believe we all have our roles to play in a balanced society, however the rights of women in the past were terrible. Rules that had no purpose but to suppress. I think that may be where the line in the sand is.
I agree. JaRah's story about attending school in freezing weather and not being allowed to wear pants is an example of sheer oppression. Had I been adult then, I would have been one of those parents whom they would hate to see coming into the school building, lol. No child of mine would be forced to freeze, just to follow some arbitrary rule.

Reactions: Selectric
I agree. JaRah's story about attending school in freezing weather and not being allowed to wear pants is an example of sheer oppression. Had I been adult then, I would have been one of those parents whom they would hate to see coming into the school building, lol. No child of mine would be forced to freeze, just to follow some arbitrary rule.
The funny thing is that the parents agreed with the rule. lol Society was programed that way.

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
The funny thing is that the parents agreed with the rule. lol Society was programed that way.
Yes, I remember my mother being upset because I was one of the girls suspended from school for wearing pants. The thing that I really hated about being only allowed to wear dresses and skirts, was that the boys would flip our skirts up when we weren't paying attention.

Yes, I remember my mother being upset because I was one of the girls suspended from school for wearing pants. The thing that I really hated about being only allowed to wear dresses and skirts, was that the boys would flip our skirts up when we weren't paying attention.
lol, yep and the schools that had open stairways. I visited my friends school and was shocked that it was so easy to see up our skirts. I am glad that society has changed at least some.

Reactions: garnetsilver
If we're just talking weather, then none. I have been through several large earthquakes.