Bad luck or something else?

None that I have heard of. What you said your grandfather said, makes a lot of sense. I am a true believer in karmas as well as the paranormal. Makes it hard to differentiate.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi
They didn’t have insurance on any of the homes. I don’t think it would be arson. I’m not sure about the prior fires but this last one started in the chimney.

Just to clarify, I was not implying the owners set the fires. I was thinking more along the lines of someone setting the fires for nefarious purposes.

I totally understand. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like him. He’s just a normal guy, doesn’t go out much except to work. But you never know I guess.

None that I have heard of. What you said your grandfather said, makes a lot of sense. I am a true believer in karmas as well as the paranormal. Makes it hard to differentiate.
Karma is normally seen as a "lesson" to be learned. It is not supposed to be a punishment, rather a way to grow, from my understanding of it. Your poor neighbor seems to have just hit a really rough time.

Last edited:
Sometimes in my life it'll certainly feel like a curse when life just starts kicking you when your down till your eventually laughing because it's so absurdly cruel. That's been my life so far this year and things are actually starting to look up now and come together. Sometimes it's also an extremely rough transformation you're going through as long as you feel something is going somewhere and you're just enduring.

Hi Denisel and welcome to the forum. Which picture is the blue orb in? Do you know if there has been any history of paranormal activity during the time these people have been living there? If paranormal, things often start off slow and build over time.
Most of us here look for the practical causes of events first. Ruling out the natural no matter how unlikely. The unlikely happens all the time. Having insurance is a wise thing for that reason. My heart goes out to these unfortunate people. Having a priest our shaman out to bless the land might be a good idea.

Hi and welcome. :)

Bad luck or Karma? Sometimes, stuff just happens. At least that is what I've found in my lifetime. We tend to go in waves, with good things happening and then all sorts of bad stuff can hit at once. I have never assigned a paranormal or spiritual trigger to these events. IMO, it's simply life. Periods of good sprinkled with doses of chaos.

As for the blue light, electricity can arc in blue.
I can certainly agree with that, Debi! My husband and me had an exceptionally bad wave that lasted for about three years, and it all started after buying a certain property that I mentioned before. Once we sold it and moved away, things got significantly better. We aren't saints, but we aren't devils either. So as the saying goes, crap happens and all we can do is endure and hope we learn a valuable lesson from it all.:blacksunrays:

The thing about occurrences like this is that there can be a lot of ways to look at it. For one thing, anything that can happen will happen if you look at it over a wide enough sample. People often look at something that has a one in a million chance as being almost impossible. The fact is that those odds make it a certainty to happen in a one in a million ratio. The US has over 350 million people. If something is one in a million then about 350 people will receive the pleasure of having it happen to them. Each one of them no doubt will feel either very blessed or very cursed depending on what it is.

Sometimes in cases like the one described above it partially has to do with risky behavior that increases their chances of a problem but then again sadly lightning can and often DOES strike in the same place. A man named Roy Sullivan was struck by lightning on SEVEN different occasions and survived.

Bad things happen to good people and then sometimes it seems as if bad people have incredible luck. I generally think it is just kind of just the roll of the dice...except when it's NOT. There are occasionally things that really do seem to defy the normal bounds of reality. If I predict every day that a specific person is going to have a terrible wreck if they do that isn't precognition. If on the other hand one day I predict that a specific person is going to have a wreck with a blue car at a specific time and place then THAT is something else altogether.

I guess that I chose not to believe in people being cursed or families being cursed but at times it sure can look that way. If as an example you look at the children and grandchildren of Joe Kennedy you have to wonder what or who he crossed.

There is always the story of Job in the Bible. If that story has any validity it wasn't a shining point for the idea of a loving or caring god.

Reactions: garnetsilver