Backyard Games

One of my friends had a tether ball pole in his backyard. I never much cared for the game, but we did play it.

In our neighborhood, we also played a lot of whiffle ball in our backyards. Frisbees were also popular.
I was the Queen of Tether ball! lol Got to the point no one would challenge me anymore. :(

And my husband "accidentally" impaled me with a Jart once. Still have a scar on my leg from that one. Notice I put "accidentally" in quotes...still not so sure that was a total accident since I was winning up to that "point".

I was the Queen of Tether ball! lol Got to the point no one would challenge me anymore. :(

And my husband "accidentally" impaled me with a Jart once. Still have a scar on my leg from that one. Notice I put "accidentally" in quotes...still not so sure that was a total accident since I was winning up to that "point".
Yay Tether ball was my favorite followed by Dodge ball. I was quite the Tom boy back then...hard to believe,I know.

On summer nights, our neighborhood played variously kick-the-can, capture-the-flag, or steal the bacon. All variations on the same thing, really. Daytime? I was miles away lol. Probably diving for chunked golf-balls off fhe first tee, in the creek, at the golf course. The Pro shop would give my buddy and I 25 cents each for uncut balls. We could make 30 bucks each on a Saturday! Thank God for bad drives. ;bg3

Last edited:
Utah, .... it happens. We called fishing for golf balls "Creekin' ".
We played baseball with a tennis ball in the cul-de-sac. Gutters across the street was an automatic home run.

Corn Hole is super fun. Badminton when we can do it. A neighbor had a volleyball net.
Lots of backyard golf games too.

Utah, .... it happens. We called fishing for golf balls "Creekin' ".
We played baseball with a tennis ball in the cul-de-sac. Gutters across the street was an automatic home run.

Corn Hole is super fun. Badminton when we can do it. A neighbor had a volleyball net.
Lots of backyard golf games too.
we played volleyball a lot.. love that game. our cul-de-sac thing had different game fields marked all over it....lol...baseball, 4-square, basketball free throw line, etc...

I used to be the Queen of Tether ball, and no one would challenge me anymore because I was unbeatable! On another occasion, my husband accidentally impaled me with a Jart, leaving a scar on my leg. Though I put "accidentally" in quotes, I suspect he might have done it playfully as I was winning. Fun memories from our backyard games!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I used to be the Queen of Tether ball, and no one would challenge me anymore because I was unbeatable! On another occasion, my husband accidentally impaled me with a Jart, leaving a scar on my leg. Though I put "accidentally" in quotes, I suspect he might have done it playfully as I was winning. Fun memories from our backyard games!
I used to have the same backyard title and have also been "jarted". Funny we have both had the same experience almost word for word.