Backyard Games

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Does anyone remember playing backyard games in the summer?
Tetherball, badminton, volleyball, and the infamous Jarts! (I am a survivor of that game! lol)
How about horseshoes or even croquet?
We now have the famous Cornhole game!
Have you played any of these or still play?
What was your favorite and were you good at it?
ae9783bd8d0e3189b0d00c8f9e91f6a7.jpeg

We used to have choko fights as we had a large vine growing. It was pretty dangerous but we had a rule of no head shots. As soon as someone copped one in the stomach and was winded the game was over :D . I ran from a shot one time, got hit in the back and tripped over a fish tank I was cleaning on the lawn. I ended up with four stitches and lost the game :disappointed:. With all the bruises it's a wonder our parents weren't reported to DOCS, lol.

When we were not up to the choko thing we would get my mate's sister to make flummery, it tasted foul but we made out we liked it and would flick spoons of the horrible desert at each other. This went on for years until the sister saw us wasting the muck and beat both of us up, lol.

One of my friends had a tether ball pole in his backyard. I never much cared for the game, but we did play it.

In our neighborhood, we also played a lot of whiffle ball in our backyards. Frisbees were also popular.

We played most of them lol, even Jarts, which is probably now classified as an illegal weapon. Croquet and frisbee a lot. A few years ago, I found outdoor Yahtzee. It was giant soft dice. Outdoor games are always fun.

we lived in the "t" of two cross roads, the shape and size of the intersection, (kinda like a circle but branched the roads together), was perfect to turn into a baseball field in the summer. a friend lived on a double corner lot that was used for football games. horse shoes were a big thing too. hated tetherball. badmitten was played sometimes.

we lived in the "t" of two cross roads, the shape and size of the intersection, (kinda like a circle but branched the roads together), was perfect to turn into a baseball field in the summer. a friend lived on a double corner lot that was used for football games. horse shoes were a big thing too. hated tetherball. badmitten was played sometimes.
Oh yes, I forgot about Badmitten, loved it, and the birdie always landed where we couldn't get it.