Back to school

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THE KIDS IN MY AREA START BACK TO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK! WHEN I WAS YOUNG, WE DIDN'T GO BACK UNTIL AFTER LABOR DAY!

THINK BACK AND IMAGINE YOU'RE 10!
WHAT WAS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL LIKE FOR YOU?
EXCITED? DID YOU HAVE NEW CLOTHES? WERE YOU READY TO RETURN TO A NEW SCHOOL YEAR?
OR WERE YOU THE KID SADLY DRAGGING HIS FEET BACK THROUGH THOSE SCHOOL DOORS?

I hated going back to school, since it meant no more late nights watching television, lol. But I liked the smell of new shoes, and also just getting a new wardrobe for the fall and winter. Being the eldest girl in the family meant I never got hand me downs either.

Up until about the 8th grade I looked forward to school starting, where we lived there wasn't a whole lot to do in the summer. Much beyond that I hated going back. Not that hated I school, I just didn't like starting back.

I don't remember ever wanting to go back to school. The first day back and the last day before summer break there was always excitement. Once i got into high school is when i looked forward to certain things...the rest was like old hat lol. I do remember looking forward to going to work after school. Making money is better than sitting there listening to a teacher babble about math or geography :)

Two classes i always loved were history and metal shop. Mr 'Stiz' was a great teacher and so was Mr T (Abbreviated obviously, though would've been a hell of a class lol). Very few teachers could keep my attention...they managed to.