Awesome, but trying to understand it

Animals have a very different view of the world. They see things that we don't sense anymore. we filter out so much of the information that is there. I' have always been good with animals. I can "gentle" a horse rather than break it. dogs seem to like me and many vicious dogs seem to find me like catnip for cats. A lot of it is that I have no fear. It often seems to me that when it comes to critters they offer you back whatever you offer them. If you fear, they will get nervous. Even gators, snakes and sharks seem to respond to a calm approach. People are about the only animals that will attack and kill for no apparent reason.

Animals have a very different view of the world. They see things that we don't sense anymore. we filter out so much of the information that is there. I' have always been good with animals. I can "gentle" a horse rather than break it. dogs seem to like me and many vicious dogs seem to find me like catnip for cats. A lot of it is that I have no fear. It often seems to me that when it comes to critters they offer you back whatever you offer them. If you fear, they will get nervous. Even gators, snakes and sharks seem to respond to a calm approach. People are about the only animals that will attack and kill for no apparent reason.
This is wisdom every horse owner knows. Hello fellow horse lover.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I've always loved and been around horses. They are herd animals and if you will allow them to be part of your herd they will do nearly anything to please you. If you are doing it right you just walk into a pasture and whistle and the horses come running to you. They like having you as their leader and see you as an important part of their world. Shower them with love affection and gentle discipline and you have a friend for life. The best ones are spirited and a little like teenage kids at times but that just makes them more fun. Their energy has no meanness just endless enthusiasm.

I've always loved and been around horses. They are herd animals and if you will allow them to be part of your herd they will do nearly anything to please you. If you are doing it right you just walk into a pasture and whistle and the horses come running to you. They like having you as their leader and see you as an important part of their world. Shower them with love affection and gentle discipline and you have a friend for life. The best ones are spirited and a little like teenage kids at times but that just makes them more fun. Their energy has no meanness just endless enthusiasm.
I have been a horse owner most of my life. They are wonderful creatures.

I have to agree with you both, Lynn and TexDanm. After that incident on the nature trail, Jim found a nearby pasture with two horses in it. Their owners didn't mind us coming there, so we started visiting because I felt safer with the fence between me and those huge horses. I started bringing Jaggery and fresh cut apples and finally was able to allow the horses to take them from my hand. Jim showed me how to hold my hand flat so that they didn't accidentally bite me. I also started petting them a bit. Then came the joyous day that they saw us pull up on the side of the road, and actually came running to meet us. That was a special day! Now I understand why there are horse lovers.:sunglasses:

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Because you are a top chick garnet,the animals know it as do the sensitive people here.Sorry for the Aussie slang,but you are.

The relationship that people have with horses is a lot like the one with dogs and has been going on long enough that there is a special connection that is easily established with them. Horses are big but also relatively delicate creatures. If you will look, that big horse's ankles and lower legs are not much bigger then yours. They are experts at NOT stepping on things that might make them twist their ankles. When attacked their defense is to run away. When it comes to fight or flight most horses prefer to fly. They can be taught how to be rough but it isn't their first instinct.

Where I live horses are trained to be more physically aggressive. BUT that aggression is only for when they have a rider. Cutting horses that are working animals boss the cattle around. We also breed raise and train hundreds of horses for police and guard work. Most horses are pleasure pets. Around here there are hundreds of full-bred working horses. they are SMART and amazing. They are also handled almost constantly and are just the sweetest animals I've ever dealt with.

Friends of mine breed, raise train, sell and handle world famous paint cutting horses that have won multiple world championships. Springtime there is amazing as their mares start dropping little colts all over the place. It is so beautiful.

6j paint horses - Bing images

Floyd and Maryann Moore's 6J Paint Horses Absolute Dispersal - Jim Ware's

The relationship that people have with horses is a lot like the one with dogs and has been going on long enough that there is a special connection that is easily established with them. Horses are big but also relatively delicate creatures. If you will look, that big horse's ankles and lower legs are not much bigger then yours. They are experts at NOT stepping on things that might make them twist their ankles. When attacked their defense is to run away. When it comes to fight or flight most horses prefer to fly. They can be taught how to be rough but it isn't their first instinct.

Where I live horses are trained to be more physically aggressive. BUT that aggression is only for when they have a rider. Cutting horses that are working animals boss the cattle around. We also breed raise and train hundreds of horses for police and guard work. Most horses are pleasure pets. Around here there are hundreds of full-bred working horses. they are SMART and amazing. They are also handled almost constantly and are just the sweetest animals I've ever dealt with.

Friends of mine breed, raise train, sell and handle world famous paint cutting horses that have won multiple world championships. Springtime there is amazing as their mares start dropping little colts all over the place. It is so beautiful.

Paint horses are gorgeous! I want one!

Reactions: Lynne
FBD4FDF0-5EAD-4F78-93BE-464C1668711D.jpeg

Thanks for the link. Here’s my Paint.