Aussie finds huge gold nugget

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Australian Man Finds Huge Gold Nugget - Coast to Coast AM

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvZ29sZC1udWdnZXQtYXVzdHJhbGlhLzExMDg3MjMtMS1lbmctVVMvR29sZC1OdWdnZXQtQXVzdHJhbGlhLmpwZw==

An Australian man armed with a metal detector hit pay dirt when he unearthed a massive gold nugget worth a small fortune. Choosing not to reveal his identity for obvious reasons, the treasure hunter reportedly made the remarkable find in a region of the country which was once the site of a gold rush during the 1800s and remains the country's primary source for the precious metal. He subsequently stopped by a metal detector shop that he frequents to show the enormous piece of gold to the owners.

According to the proprietors of 'Finders Keepers Gold Prospecting,' who shared images of the incredible chunk of gold on their Facebook page, the nugget weighs a whopping three pounds and looks to be about the size of a fist. "He walked into my shop and showed me the nugget in his hand with a big smile on my face," the store owner recalled to the BBC, "the density of it was incredible, so heavy." Based on the current price of gold, the find is estimated to be worth a jaw-dropping $69,000.

1.4 Kilo piece found a few weeks ago near Kalgoorlie whilst walking the saltbush flats.
Found with a GPX using a 17 x11 Coiltek Elite,

Reactions: 7Critter
So, the big question is: Will he keep it or sell it ?

I can see the area where he found it getting flooded with prospectors.

I have found small nuggets about the size of a fingernail at times as I've lived in gold prospecting areas for years.I wish I found that.You can tell its not me Debi
My big question is "Oz! You holding out on us?" :p

as the guys has hands like an office worker,looks like he's never dug a hole .Makes me think he stole it lol.

Reactions: Debi