At what age?

I too have shared with the PNF that at age 16 I clearly recognize that I started experiencing combinations of telepathy, empathy, and precognition.

I’ve also shared that I died during birth and was resuscitated. Through age 20-something, I had consistent recurring dreams of what I believe was either my birth, my death, or both.

What I have not shared before here is that at least as young as 4 years old I had untreatable levels of fear of the dark. Even after more than two years (age 7 to 8) of different forms of counseling there was no improvement. My fear of the dark essentially ended immediately at the same point my 16 year old self started experiencing (during daylight) the paranormal.

I suspect something happened to me as a toddler which I do not recall; it may or may not be related to my birth.

Last edited:
I too have shared with the PNF that at age 16 I clearly recognize that I started experiencing combinations of telepathy, empathy, and precognition.

I’ve also shared that I died during birth and was resuscitated. Through age 20-something, I had consistent recurring dreams of what I believe was either my birth, my death, or both.

What I have not shared before here is that at least as young as 4 years old I had untreatable levels of fear of the dark. Even after more than two years (age 7 to 8) of different forms of counseling there was no improvement. My fear of the dark essentially ended immediately at the same point my 16 year old self started experiencing (during daylight) the paranormal.

I suspect something happened to me as a toddler which I do not recall; it may or may not be related to my birth.
I think some people have exaggerated survival instincts,probably most people on here, that would have been very useful in our distant ancestors,maybe not so much today.Wild animals I feel still have this, and some people too.I think it is this that opens us up to the paranormal,the ability wild creatures take for granted.

When i was a child, around 8 maybe is the time i can remember my first few experiences...one thing is i would ear in stores mostly a very loud high pitch noise and ask anyone with me "Do you ear that ...? What is that noise...? And they always all said "??? What noise ???" And I am the one who got "the look" of course...
The other first experience i remember was an encounter that resembled few described by other members; i was about 8 years old ..I seen a Man shadow standing on the doorway of my bedroom looking at me ... I called out "dad ?" thinking it was him looking at me and since i got no answer, i pulled the blanket over my head and got back to sleep eventually...the next morning i told my mom about it (god bless her soul and rest in peace) only to find out that she also had seen it the same night and that it wasn't my dad as she call to him first thinking also that he was him, only to find out that he was sound asleep beside her ! ... Later, maybe few days, we found out that the owner of the house we were renting then, had just passed ...
It never stopped for me as i got older...

I have some very vague and disjointed memories from when I was very young, maybe about 3 or 4, of my mother playing some strange games with me. One of them was her holding a pendulum over something like a ouija board and it would swing back and forth to spell my name. I also remember having my hands placed on a table on either side of something like a butter knife and watching it spin in place. I also remember drawing a picture of the "person who lives behind the TV" but I really have no memory of what inspired that drawing.

One morning when I was about 12, my mother and my sister asked me about my "friend" who had visited me. I had no clue what they were talking about and they told me that the night before they were up late working on a sewing project and saw a ball of light floating through the room. It was slightly smaller than a baseball and pale blue. When they went to get a closer look it went past them, down the hall and into my bedroom. I was sound asleep but I'm told the ball came to a stop above my forehead where it disappeared. I was actually pretty skeptical at the time and thought it was some sort of weird prank that was only funny to the two of them. However soon afterwards I began to experience unexplainable things.

The first incident was several weeks after the Orb on a family vacation. We went to see the Winchester Mansion. It was a cool looking building with lots of weird architecture such as stairs and doors that went nowhere and windows in walls that showed nothing. The story about how Mrs Winchester kept building and building because she was afraid of ghosts coming after her were quite amusing to me, how could any sane person believe in such nonsense! Then again maybe the stories did get to me because there were a few things that really creeped me out in that house. There are windows in walls that just let you see the inside of the wall, they serve no real purpose. My sister and I were taking turns looking in the windows to see just what the inside of a wall looks like. Except in one window I saw someone looking back at me. It was kinda creepy but I figured it must have been my reflection, though I did stop looking in the windows after that. Later, in the master bedroom I got the uneasy feeling of being watched. I could have sworn there was someone sitting on the bed looking at us. I stared at empty bed behind the tour guide trying to figure out why I would be freaked out by it, I then got the sudden feeling that whoever was there they were female and had noticed me staring. It wasn't until later that I heard stories of people saying the ghost of Mrs Winchester was often seen in that room.

In the years that followed I started having premonitions and prophetic dreams which would come true some days afterwards. I mentioned it to my mom one day because it was scaring me. She then told me about things that happened to me when I was around 3-4 and she thought I had abilities and gave me tests.

In the local toy store there was a stuffed rabbit that I had wanted. Everytime we went to that store I would point to it and call it by name. One day she bought it and hid it in her closet to be a surprise. When she brought me home from preschool I walked in the house, called out the rabbits name and ran directly to the closet to get get it. She also told me that she would sometimes find me playing with things that had been placed up out of reach. She would take something away from me and place it on the top self of a book cabinet, then within a matter minutes (sometimes seconds) it would be back in my hands. Once she was putting dishes away and a stack of plates got knocked over. I yelled out "Stop!" and she swears that the plates all stopped for a second in mid air.

After that she started testing me with flash cards to see if I could predict what the next one would be and also seeing if I could make a pendulum swing or if I could place my hands near a pen or butter knife in order to make it move. It was fun and interesting at first, but when she started to see that sometimes the test actually had positive results it scared her and she stopped doing them completely.

I saw what I would now call poltergeist activity in my room at about age 14. I saw a cabinet shake violently. There was nothing to cause this. I had things start to disappear and reappear as far back as I can remember. This strange activity still occurs on occasion. I have no explanation.

I see an interesting trend here. Everyone so far seems to have shown abilities early on.

I am confident this is not a unique perspective but it is one that I have (ethically) tested for in the past. I believe that most people are born with a predilection for the paranormal - most specifically telepathy. Then at the age when we start to learn to speak, we are socialized out of accepting our psychic sense(s) as real, valid, or reliable.

My “test” is that I have a totally unique four letter word which I have made up. Back in the 1990s, I would confirm at a library every year that this word did not appear in any contemporary English dictionary. Now that the internet has grown in breath, depth, and content generally, I just search out my word there instead to ensure there are no Google hits on my word. My intent is to ensure that my word remains unique which then keeps me convinced of it’s anonymity.

When I am around toddlers and younger aged children, I concentrate on my unique word (silently of course) and repeat it over and over in my head. I pronounce the word and spell out the letters too.

Back in 1997 or 1998, when I was momentarily alone with one of best friend’s four year old son, he looked up at me, wrinkled up his face as if he was confused, and he spoke aloud my secret test word twice. It was as if he was asking me about the meaning of that unfamiliar and funny sounding word. I clearly think he had heard my thoughts.

So far, no adults have ever given me any indication they have received my secret word even though many have been present when I am concentrating on same when young kids are nearby.

Clearly not a totally scientific double blind test technique...but materially meaningful to me none the less.

What I have not been able to theorize yet is why does it seem common for psychical or paranormal abilities to manifest or resurface during teen years. For me, I think my self confidence grew substantially between 14 and 15. Possibly that transition of reliance upon myself rather than the outside world for validation allowed me to reconnect with my suppressed intuitive self.

I am confident this is not a unique perspective but it is one that I have (ethically) tested for in the past. I believe that most people are born with a predilection for the paranormal - most specifically telepathy. Then at the age when we start to learn to speak, we are socialized out of accepting our psychic sense(s) as real, valid, or reliable.

My “test” is that I have a totally unique four letter word which I have made up. Back in the 1990s, I would confirm at a library every year that this word did not appear in any contemporary English dictionary. Now that the internet has grown in breath, depth, and content generally, I just search out my word there instead to ensure there are no Google hits on my word. My intent is to ensure that my word remains unique which then keeps me convinced of it’s anonymity.

When I am around toddlers and younger aged children, I concentrate on my unique word (silently of course) and repeat it over and over in my head. I pronounce the word and spell out the letters too.

Back in 1997 or 1998, when I was momentarily alone with one of best friend’s four year old son, he looked up at me, wrinkled up his face as if he was confused, and he spoke aloud my secret test word twice. It was as if he was asking me about the meaning of that unfamiliar and funny sounding word. I clearly think he had heard my thoughts.

So far, no adults have ever given me any indication they have received my secret word even though many have been present when I am concentrating on same when young kids are nearby.

Clearly not a totally scientific double blind test technique...but materially meaningful to me none the less.

What I have not been able to theorize yet is why does it seem common for psychical or paranormal abilities to manifest or resurface during teen years. For me, I think my self confidence grew substantially between 14 and 15. Possibly that transition of reliance upon myself rather than the outside world for validation allowed me to reconnect with my suppressed intuitive self.
This was a genius idea Wands. He had to have read your mind. I think kids are still vibrating at a higher level from before birth. This allows them to connect to the other side. I think the world and age brings down our vibration and energy level. As for puberty lol....I think all those hormones may effect our energetic self. Just some thoughts on the topic.

This was a genius idea Wands. He had to have read your mind. I think kids are still vibrating at a higher level from before birth. This allows them to connect to the other side. I think the world and age brings down our vibration and energy level. As for puberty lol....I think all those hormones may effect our energetic self. Just some thoughts on the topic.

By the way, I do keep myself safe in that I don’t just go out into public and start beaming my thoughts into random children. I don’t think I could stand having kids walk up and start talking to me in kind of stalker worthy scene. I only do this in places that I frequent and where I could be recognized by others or with friends and family. I don’t intend to trip any Amber alerts.