At what age?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
68440244_2455462454737049_7069896840757379072_n (Small) (2).jpg

Reactions: Benway and Phoenix
I was about 7 shortly after we moved into a house that recently been vacated (I found out years later the tenant before us had apparently committed suicide). I have written about this here when I first joined.

Long story short, I would wake up in the middle of the night to see a guy standing looking at me at the bottom of the bed.

My mother told me that as a toddler in another house I would tell her I was talking to the old lady in the corner but I have no recollection of that.

I was about 5 when I first recall seeing "a people" in the room that I was sure was really there but family said was not. However, I'm told that I had been making predictions and reading minds for much longer. About that time my dad started a bit of training with me to get some control of the skills and teaching me the art of "silence".

I ask this question because I find it interesting that some have done this life long and from a young age, yet others gifts don't "kick in" until later in life. Just taking a little poll to see how we stand here in the membership and what that first experience was. Curious to see if a pattern develops.

10. I was at Great Aunt Mary's and Uncle Joe's house. In his den, in a bungalow on Indianapolis Boulevard in East Chicago. Still smell the pipe smoke. The thought popped into my head that this will be the last time I will see him. He died soon after.
The same thing happened with his wife and later another great aunt, then another.
I stopped being the strange little boy from The Twilight Zone who knew when people were going to die, once puberty hit.:confused:

10. I was at Great Aunt Mary's and Uncle Joe's house. In his den, in a bungalow on Indianapolis Boulevard in East Chicago. Still smell the pipe smoke. The thought popped into my head that this will be the last time I will see him. He died soon after.
The same thing happened with his wife and later another great aunt, then another.
I stopped being the strange little boy from The Twilight Zone who knew when people were going to die, once puberty hit.:confused:
cool story... I bet when you met someone and then said "good bye".. it totally scared the crap out of them...lol...... for me it ramped up WHEN puberty hit... or, when everyone around me hit puberty..... lol

Last edited:
There was a dormant time of any types of activity until maybe my late teens or early twenties and then the dream life became precognitive. At that time, and with the help and guidance of someone who recognized this in me, - there is a physical bodily signal that tells me to pay very close attention to my surroundings.

I was only 3 or 4 when I started seeing shadow figures(panthers).It's when my parents separated so I'm sure they would put it down to stress/trauma.I've always been highly sensitive but it went through the roof in my twenties,then only had the occasssional experience until it came back with a vengeance in my 50's.I enjoy it mostly now that I understand it a little.

Love hearing about people's experiences!

For myself, it depends on what you call paranormal. As a child, I could read auras, and see the auras of the plants and animals around me. I just didn't have the words to explain what I saw. I knew people had different colors, and those colors changed with their moods, feelings, physical sickness, etc. But I don't really consider that paranormal anymore. It's perfectly natural, tied to nature, and anyone who knows how to look can see it, so is it really "paranormal?" I dunno.
I do know that my father had many gifts, including well-witching and precognition, but we rarely talked about it. Dad always said that God gave him gifts to help people, and everyone had their own gifts and would learn to use them in time.

My first experience with the ghost of a departed person was in my early teens, a loved one coming to day goodbye. I told my parents, and my Dad said he'd gotten similar messages. But that got me interested, and then I did stupid stuff with my friends, like using Ouija Boards, getting into channeling- reckless dangerous behaviors without proper guidance. Learned a few lessons the hard way!

I also had experiences with what I have come to believe were the Fae, but my sister moreso than me, and thankfully we were both kept from any lasting harm from our stupidity (like chasing 'fairy lights' through the dark woods in our pajamas and bare feet... stupid dangerous stupid..).