Astrology predictions

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
On Coast to Coast AM last night, I happened to be awake to hear the latest predictions from a pretty good astrologer. Here's what she said:

In the first half, therapist Debra Silverman joined Lisa Garr to discuss her unique psychological-spiritual model, combining her expertise in Esoteric (soul-centered) Astrology with her extensive education in psychology to help those going through major life changes. She talked about how the upcoming lunar eclipse on July 4th in North America (arriving on the US's birthday), represents a kind of emotional discomfort, falling in the sign of Cancer, with four planets in Capricorn. Eclipses, she explained, serve as a marker in time, and can be used as a motivator to make a change.

America is experiencing its first Pluto return (which happens every 240 years), she cited, and this puts the country in a particularly vulnerable state. Mars, she added, is moving into Aries for the next six months, signaling an excess of male energy, which will conflict with the Capricorn aspect, and we could see this play out as turbulence in the government. Silverman also noted that between June 18th and July 12th will be a period of Mercury retrograde, which is an excellent opportunity for people to stop and look backwards to see what was left behind and needs to be finished.
___
Now, let me say, that is not a bright and shiny forecast. So! I ask you, when you read or hear about these kind of predictions, does it impact your own mindset on things? How much does this influence you in how you react to life?

Reactions: Walking Goose
How much does this influence you in how you react to life?
None. I don't believe that the planets position affect me and I absolutely don't believe that stars whose light reaches us from millions and billions of years ago have an affect on me. The Earth's moon, yes, affects me.

OK, Mr. Down to Earth. BUT....let's look at this from another view. Gen. 1:14 states: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Now, if the universe is possibly a hologram, and there is a program running....could these be signs? Even if not, I've always seen some things as predetermined by the Divine. Think of a river. The flow always leads to one destination, but in that river are rocks and boulders we have to choose how we get over or around them, which are our free will choices.

Just throwing that out there for thought. :)

I was raised in a household where Astrology was always followed. I tend to believe that some major events can be predicted by observing planetary actions. And, if the moon can affect us, why not other planets?;)

As usual they NEVER EVER predict anything good. The sky is ALWAYS falling. I think the last time was JESUS birth. After 2000 years we are due a good one. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying there is nothing to this, I just don’t live my life by it. I have the most respect for those who study this and I do think personality types often fit their signs. I just wish we’d get some good news for a change.

As usual they NEVER EVER predict anything good. The sky is ALWAYS falling. I think the last time was JESUS birth. After 2000 years we are due a good one. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying there is nothing to this, I just don’t live my life by it. I have the most respect for those who study this and I do think personality types often fit their signs. I just wish we’d get some good news for a change.
There is definitely a bias when major astrologists give their take on events. My mother was very much into astrology. (That's what I meant in my post). I like to read it and then compare it with reality, and not just blindly believe whatever they say. I do find some of the concepts fascinating, though.

Reactions: Lynne
I re-read that post and since I am really struggling today, I wish, as Lynne said, that for once they could have something encouraging to say in astrology forecasts. It does seem as if its all doom and gloom.

Reactions: Lynne
I re-read that post and since I am really struggling today, I wish, as Lynne said, that for once they could have something encouraging to say in astrology forecasts. It does seem as if its all doom and gloom.
Now, Garnet, the only thing people in Astrology ever report are the negative things because that's what gets the attention of people. This is why I asked how much this influences your lives when you read these things. Does it change your mindset? I think it does. And in that, we see that we send out negative thoughts that creates negativity drawn back to you.

That's why I encourage everyone to look for at least one or two positive things every day and try to use the positive flow of energy back to us. :) There's a bit of magic with that process.