Astral projection or Lucid dream?

There are also several threads available on it in the Spiritual section. If you search around a bit you may find some extra info there that resonates for you.

You are the experiencer, so you will have to discern which it is that you are doing. Now, the dark figure you mention has often been mentioned in astral projection and some feel it's actually yourself. Ringing and popping is also associated with astral projection.

Lucid dreams are very clear, and you often feel as if you are awake in them, AND able to control some of the outcome at times. Sometimes it's difficult in the moment to tell you are actually asleep and dreaming instead of awake and experiencing.

Both of those things match what I was feeling, I'm not sure which one it could be. I don't think I know enough. Can you maybe send me some links you'd recommend?

Both of those things match what I was feeling, I'm not sure which one it could be. I don't think I know enough. Can you maybe send me some links you'd recommend?
tjp, I'll be happy to tomorrow. Due to some obligations here at home, I can't go looking this eve for the ones I know are here., but I'll see what I can locate tomorrow and post them here for you. If you Google the two, you will find some basic info on them out there on the internet as well.

There is also a search on the site here if you wish to try that with key words. :)

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how this all goes. I mainly joined today cause something last night freaked me out really badly and it's never happened before.

So I've always had an overactive imagination and I've always been fascinated with things paranormal. However, last night was a first for me and I'd love to hear what you guys think happened.

So, I was in bed still not sure whether I was sleeping or not. I had a thought about a friend and I ended up feeling like I was walking down a street near their house. In front of me was their little brother and mother, the mother was telling her son to hurry up and follow her. I'm not on good turns with the mum so I decided to walk away to my right, and then all of a sudden my friend's house was right next to me. his sister walked out of the house and saw me and said hello, then his mum called out from the other side of me asking who it was, and then lastly a figure lying on some grass face up in front of me (looked like they were napping) said it was me (my name). I didn't see a face for the last person, just in my mind I know I didn't know them.

Then all of a sudden I felt like I was being whooshed from the spot I was standing in my thoughts/dream to back in my room, in my bed.

I've never felt something so realistic, I could literally feel my hair move from the wind and I felt cold and damp from being outside.

The ringing in my head happened again. The ringings have happened 3 times now, all times I've been alone and in bed getting ready to sleep. at first, it feels like a build-up of pressure that just suddenly comes about, the more pressure there is the more I hear a high pitch. The only ways have I've been able to counter it is with forcing myself to focus on my breathing and ignore what's happening around me.

This time, however, it was worse. I don't know if my eyes were open or shut but I could see my room as I normally would if my eyes were open from where I was lying down (just some context, I have a loft bed) and not just that but I saw a figure standing down on the ground facing me from my bed. they were a completely black silhouette with a dark blue outline and shining red eyes. I could tell it had what looked like long hair and I know it was staring at me.

the ringing got worse and then I started to move. not consciously but I felt myself moving from my position in bed to being placed head first at the ladder to my bed. I could feel the blanket and mattress above and below me scrape my arms as I was moved but I didn't feel anything pulling me. after I calmed my self down and stopped the ringing I opened my eyes and realised I was still in the same position as I had gone to sleep in. only 30mins had passed since I last looked at the clock and I couldn't get rid of the creepy feelings I was having.

I don't know what to do or think.
The first thing that came to mind was an out of body or astral projection situation as Debi described. Also could be a lucid dream. The first being your spirit is actually traveling and the second is a cognizant dream. However when reading the last part of your account where you describe a being next to you then the feeling of being physically moved, I thought an abduction. Have you ever had missing time? Seen UFOs? Animals in odd places? Just some reflective questions. There are people who report physical and spiritual abductions.

I am so sorry this is happening to you, it sounds unnerving. Perhaps others will weigh in.

Welcome to the forum.