Astral projection or Lucid dream?

tjp

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how this all goes. I mainly joined today cause something last night freaked me out really badly and it's never happened before.

So I've always had an overactive imagination and I've always been fascinated with things paranormal. However, last night was a first for me and I'd love to hear what you guys think happened.

So, I was in bed still not sure whether I was sleeping or not. I had a thought about a friend and I ended up feeling like I was walking down a street near their house. In front of me was their little brother and mother, the mother was telling her son to hurry up and follow her. I'm not on good turns with the mum so I decided to walk away to my right, and then all of a sudden my friend's house was right next to me. his sister walked out of the house and saw me and said hello, then his mum called out from the other side of me asking who it was, and then lastly a figure lying on some grass face up in front of me (looked like they were napping) said it was me (my name). I didn't see a face for the last person, just in my mind I know I didn't know them.

Then all of a sudden I felt like I was being whooshed from the spot I was standing in my thoughts/dream to back in my room, in my bed.

I've never felt something so realistic, I could literally feel my hair move from the wind and I felt cold and damp from being outside.

The ringing in my head happened again. The ringings have happened 3 times now, all times I've been alone and in bed getting ready to sleep. at first, it feels like a build-up of pressure that just suddenly comes about, the more pressure there is the more I hear a high pitch. The only ways have I've been able to counter it is with forcing myself to focus on my breathing and ignore what's happening around me.

This time, however, it was worse. I don't know if my eyes were open or shut but I could see my room as I normally would if my eyes were open from where I was lying down (just some context, I have a loft bed) and not just that but I saw a figure standing down on the ground facing me from my bed. they were a completely black silhouette with a dark blue outline and shining red eyes. I could tell it had what looked like long hair and I know it was staring at me.

the ringing got worse and then I started to move. not consciously but I felt myself moving from my position in bed to being placed head first at the ladder to my bed. I could feel the blanket and mattress above and below me scrape my arms as I was moved but I didn't feel anything pulling me. after I calmed my self down and stopped the ringing I opened my eyes and realised I was still in the same position as I had gone to sleep in. only 30mins had passed since I last looked at the clock and I couldn't get rid of the creepy feelings I was having.

I don't know what to do or think.

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how this all goes. I mainly joined today cause something last night freaked me out really badly and it's never happened before.

So I've always had an overactive imagination and I've always been fascinated with things paranormal. However, last night was a first for me and I'd love to hear what you guys think happened.

So, I was in bed still not sure whether I was sleeping or not. I had a thought about a friend and I ended up feeling like I was walking down a street near their house. In front of me was their little brother and mother, the mother was telling her son to hurry up and follow her. I'm not on good turns with the mum so I decided to walk away to my right, and then all of a sudden my friend's house was right next to me. his sister walked out of the house and saw me and said hello, then his mum called out from the other side of me asking who it was, and then lastly a figure lying on some grass face up in front of me (looked like they were napping) said it was me (my name). I didn't see a face for the last person, just in my mind I know I didn't know them.

Then all of a sudden I felt like I was being whooshed from the spot I was standing in my thoughts/dream to back in my room, in my bed.

I've never felt something so realistic, I could literally feel my hair move from the wind and I felt cold and damp from being outside.

The ringing in my head happened again. The ringings have happened 3 times now, all times I've been alone and in bed getting ready to sleep. at first, it feels like a build-up of pressure that just suddenly comes about, the more pressure there is the more I hear a high pitch. The only ways have I've been able to counter it is with forcing myself to focus on my breathing and ignore what's happening around me.

This time, however, it was worse. I don't know if my eyes were open or shut but I could see my room as I normally would if my eyes were open from where I was lying down (just some context, I have a loft bed) and not just that but I saw a figure standing down on the ground facing me from my bed. they were a completely black silhouette with a dark blue outline and shining red eyes. I could tell it had what looked like long hair and I know it was staring at me.

the ringing got worse and then I started to move. not consciously but I felt myself moving from my position in bed to being placed head first at the ladder to my bed. I could feel the blanket and mattress above and below me scrape my arms as I was moved but I didn't feel anything pulling me. after I calmed my self down and stopped the ringing I opened my eyes and realised I was still in the same position as I had gone to sleep in. only 30mins had passed since I last looked at the clock and I couldn't get rid of the creepy feelings I was having.

I don't know what to do or think.
Hi and welcome to the forum! I may be moving your post over to Paranormal Experiences in a minute, but I want to read this first and see what's going on for you.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi and welcome to the forum! I may be moving your post over to Paranormal Experiences in a minute, but I want to read this first and see what's going on for you.
Okay cool, Sorry wasn't sure where tocpost. just really needed some feedback. I'm still freaked and it's uncomfortable to be in my room.

Okay cool, Sorry wasn't sure where tocpost. just really needed some feedback. I'm still freaked and it's uncomfortable to be in my room.
You are describing what sounds like astral projection or lucid dreaming. The ringing you heard is often present in these situations and also the "whoosh" feel you had is a classic feature of such events. Scary as they may be, they are not harmful or dangerous to you. I'm going to create a thread for you and move you in a minute, as more people will come along and comment for you with a thread that is static and not moving. I'll add more in a few minutes after I move you.

Reactions: garnetsilver
You are describing what sounds like astral projection or lucid dreaming. The ringing you heard is often present in these situations and also the "whoosh" feel you had is a classic feature of such events. Scary as they may be, they are not harmful or dangerous to you. I'm going to create a thread for you and move you in a minute, as more people will come along and comment for you with a thread that is static and not moving. I'll add more in a few minutes after I move you.
Alrighty!

*OK, have you all moved over.

Question....any other psychic/paranormal type of events for you?

A few, when I was little, about 6-7, I watched my first scary movie (the mummy) not actually that scary but still. then when I went to bed I was too scared to open my eyes when mum came in to kiss me on the forehead goodnight. I just pretended I was asleep.

next morning i woke up and asked her about it and she said she never went into my room, but i swear something had kissed my head.

that was my first incident, after that its just been a lot of moving shadows and weird dreams.

I also get deja vu a lot, not as much now but when I was a kid it happened a lot.

Reactions: Debi
Well, what you are experiencing can be a little scary at first. It does sound very much like astral projection or lucid dreaming to me, but others may offer you other ideas. People come and go here so keep checking back for more input.

Have you studied or heard about astral projection or lucid dreams? Or is this all new to you?

i have a basic understanding of it, but any extra details are welcomed