Asking For A Friend

Cartof

Reaction score
My friend recently found human bite marks on his body, strangely enough, he has no idea how they got there. Also reported smelling a burning meat smell in his living room. Sorry not a lot of info on this one but any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, cartof. Hope we can help your friend out.

Reactions: Donna K.
Just to rule one thing out, are these places anywhere your friend can bite himself? And do they match his teeth? Or are these like burns or cuts that look "bite-like"?

As for the smell of burning flesh, we might be on to something here.

If the bites were from something otherworldly, this is definitely a malicious spirit. In my opinion it could very well be a demon, but I'd need a little more info from your friend. Perhaps give us an update or have him sign up to share his story?

Welcome to the forum. There’s not a lot of info there to identify what it could be. Sometimes we never know. If its a one time event, I would just ignore it and move on. If not then we’d need to know more about their faith, circumstances, and if they have been involved in any divination practices (Oujia). Also family and location history.
There is a lot of factors that can effect activity. The prayer given above is good for all faiths and effective if prayed sincerely.

This brought me back to my copy of Frank Edwards' 'Stranger Than Science' - copyright 1959 - and one of the first collections of paranormal stories that I ever read. There is a chapter called Invisible Fangs that relates a similar incident that occurred in 1951 in Manila, capital of the Philippines. An hysterical girl was brought into the police station with bite marks all over her arms, shoulders and neck. The neck was clearly a location where the bites could not have been self-inflicted. According to witnesses - including the Mayor, Medical Examiner and Chief of Police - the attacks continued while she was in custody, both in her cell and in front of others. Initially, rational explanations such as epilepsy or drug abuse were considered as the most likely cause. These were rational witnesses. However, as the attacks continued, they began to suspect that there was something going on that defied an ordinary explanation. In any case, once the girl was finally transported to a hospital, the attacks ceased and never returned. The case has never been solved.

Dear Cartof,

Hope you are well. As you explain yourself, not a lot to go on really. For example, how does your friend know they are "human bite marks"? Are these bruises or is the flesh injured? Photos/detailed description would be helpful. Does your friend think the smell they perceived relates to the marks on their body? Could it be possible that the smell came from another household and is unrelated? Bruises and perceiving smells (without apparent causes) could also point to medical problems. I think it would be sensible for your friend to see a doctor, even if it is just a way to rule out more mundane explanations and minimizing the risk of an unrecognized serious illness, regardless of any additional paranormal-answer-seeking.

Meg, you will fit in here just fine:).
Same with UT. Bring up a long-forgotten book that very few people read, but it made an impression on you. There is about 10000 things that I like about that:p.