Art Bell won't be Returning : No Dark Matter in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art has always been the kind of personality who has lots of drama about him, who shares what he's "feeling" in the moment, and who says what he's thinking....which is why we've all loved him. It's part of the magic of "Art" and the way he's always done things. We have a ways to go until July, and I would imagine we will continue to see and hear about the ups and downs of this journey right up to the day he is either on the air...or not. He asked us if we wanna take a ride? Well, we're actually all on one right now! Sit back and enjoy the journey, folks, and keep your arms firmly within the roller coaster.
Agreed, but I reserve the right to be snarky! ;)

What people seem to forget is that Art is going to be 70 by July and on top of that he has a small child.
These have got to be important factors in his decision.

If he comes back and decides to leave again, I for one will not partake in any hate campaigns toward him.
He's a human being and doesn't owe anyone a thing -- besides for his family.
In about 21 months, I too will be 70. Over the last several months, I've noticed a considerable drop in my energy level (which some may know about from my past absence). And, unlike Art, I live alone, I don't have a spouse, child, or a HUGE extended family (us).

You are absolutely right Bob. These are very, very important factors in his decision. :)

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
I think that's just Art.
The reason people love Art is the same exact reason they despise him at times.... He's a master showman. He will sell you on his ideas, on his sponsored products and make you think "Yea, I need this!" when you really don't. If Noory did the same thing you'd be complaining about George always trying to sell things. HAHA

Art has something special. Something that P.T. Barnum would be envious of.

If Art has a guest on that is otherwise mediocre, Art could turn that guest into a superstar.
Yet when that same guest appears on another show -- that light fades.
I got goosebumps when I read your post Bob. You NAILED it 100%!!! Art also has that unnique voice that is, among many other wonderful things, so comforting.

Yes, he might leave again, then come back again. I think he just loves his radio community too much to stay away for too long.

As he said many years ago on the Fantastic Forum (I'm paraphrasing I think). Mysterious, but Reassuring. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.