Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess the reason the death was ruled accidental was no suicide note was found by or presented to authorities. My understanding is coroners tend to err on the conservative (accidental) side in such cases due to the legal (probate/insurance) impact of a suicide ruling. Hopefully now his family can get some closure.
Normally that's how they draw the line on intention.

I understand the hydrocodone, as it is also used as a cough suppresent for COPD. But the oxy is normally not combined with the Hydrocodone. Both are for pain, both are opiads. Soma and valium also depress breathing, which is something you don't want to do with a COPD patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: damon and 7Critter
I'd guess the reason the death was ruled accidental was no suicide note was found by or presented to authorities. My understanding is coroners tend to err on the conservative (accidental) side in such cases due to the legal (probate/insurance) impact of a suicide ruling. Hopefully now his family can get some closure.
I agree. I do hope that his family can get some closure.

Normally that's how they draw the line on intention.

I understand the hydrocodone, as it is also used as a cough suppresent for COPD. But the oxy is normally not combined with the Hydrocodone. Both are for pain, both are opiads. Soma and valium also depress breathing, which is something you don't want to do with a COPD patient.

According to Karen she doesn't think it was suicide. She said Art was in a bunch of pain due to COPD (he also had back issues most his life) and that by taking medication he had built up a tolerance and had to keep taking more and more and mixing pain killers to even sleep at night. She said Art was aware of the danger, but was in so much pain he didn't have much of a choice. Keith said the COPD was so bad Art had given up on doing a fill in show, because he couldn't breath well enough to get through a show, even though Art really missed the radio. Karen also said Art had stopped getting on the Ham radio, which was a sign he was in really poor health.

Art was the master.
He will probably remain the only "Paranormal" show host in the talk radio hall of fame, because Noory isn't HOF worthy.

Paranormal radio, is Hack radio. Let's not get it twisted. I do agree with you, he is not worthy of such a prestigious award.

I’m late chiming in. But I wanted to say I miss Art terribly. I first found him in the mid 90s on 1510 WLAC here in Nashville. Usually I’d tune into the show during a late ride home and always found it very strange but intriguing.

Flash forward to about 2001 and I had a job where I was working nights. That’s when I fell in love with the show. The first night I remember being hooked was when Art came on and said he knew he had listeners that had built time machines and used them. He wanted those people to call in. I remember thinking......... no one will call. The lines blew up. And I was hooked. I raised my two daughters on this show. It shaped them. They think, very much so out of the box.

I miss Art. I wish C2C was worth listening to. But it’s unbearable with all the beet commercials.

I’m late chiming in. But I wanted to say I miss Art terribly. I first found him in the mid 90s on 1510 WLAC here in Nashville. Usually I’d tune into the show during a late ride home and always found it very strange but intriguing.

Flash forward to about 2001 and I had a job where I was working nights. That’s when I fell in love with the show. The first night I remember being hooked was when Art came on and said he knew he had listeners that had built time machines and used them. He wanted those people to call in. I remember thinking......... no one will call. The lines blew up. And I was hooked. I raised my two daughters on this show. It shaped them. They think, very much so out of the box.

I miss Art. I wish C2C was worth listening to. But it’s unbearable with all the beet commercials.

Agreed, but the past is behind us and the future is now.

Reactions: damon
Agreed, but the past is behind us and the future is now.
Yes Art was a good host. Its very hard for me to listen to his old shows. They are getting very dated for me. I remember listening to one of his shows, when he was talking computer tech and the teleworking. This was about 2 years ago when he was hosting C2C and I was laughing because he and the guest were talking 56 k modems 16 meg of RAM X amount Gigs on the HDD( which was not a lot) The show first aired in the late 90s. That is just one of the reasons that I can't listen to his old show.

Status
Not open for further replies.