Art Bell Interviews Jonathan Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to download the show & listen to the parts I missed.
I can only stay up until 10:30 or 11:00 due to work & the fact that I am not as young as I used to be! :D
There was a time I'd stay up until 2:00 am and get up at 6:30 am. That would not work now days.
I know!! I was just talking to my brother about this. How we used to stay up practically all night, or ALL night, and it was no problem - in fact you had bragging rights - LOL. Now if you don't get enough sleep, you're cranky, you're productivity is in the toilet, and you can't wait to go to bed! Oh, to be young again... :p

I'm as excited as everyone else, or at least most everyone else, to have Art back. I must say, however, the first week's guests are shockingly below standard, more akin to the nonsense we've been suffering constantly on coast2coast. This fellow Reed is shoveling baloney at us ad nausea. Now tonight we're facing Richard Hoaxland. Oh brother! These men are roundly and soundly debunked all over the place. They are beyond pity.

The best way to advance our interests is to be as vigorous and rigorous as possible, using confirmed methodology and peer-reviewed experts. Ed Dames, Hoaxland... these folks are wrong all the time, simply all the time. Art is so bright, the best in the business. I've never understood his tolerance for the lowbrow set that just monetizes off the metaphysical yearnings of the masses.

Sure, if Art only went with good guests, he'd only be able to do a couple shows a month. My answer is open phones and shorter programs as necessary, but an aggressive approach to quality-only would be a better use of our time, and lend desperately-needed actual credibility to the life and death issues we do face: from climate change and control through Fukushima, chemtrails and government spying.

Those with an interest that we DO NOT investigate and popularize these things love nothing better than the lot of us staying up all night listening and debating the merits of flat out quacks.

Art needs a big poster of a red herring with a slash mark through on it on that gorgeous studio wall. I cannot line pockets of Sirius, or Art, until Art starts booking more serious people.

The same old same old will get real old real soon. Life's too short.

Have fun,

I'm as excited as everyone else, or at least most everyone else, to have Art back. I must say, however, the first week's guests are shockingly below standard, more akin to the nonsense we've been suffering constantly on coast2coast. This fellow Reed is shoveling baloney at us ad nausea. Now tonight we're facing Richard Hoaxland. Oh brother! These men are roundly and soundly debunked all over the place. They are beyond pity.

The best way to advance our interests is to be as vigorous and rigorous as possible, using confirmed methodology and peer-reviewed experts. Ed Dames, Hoaxland... these folks are wrong all the time, simply all the time. Art is so bright, the best in the business. I've never understood his tolerance for the lowbrow set that just monetizes off the metaphysical yearnings of the masses.

Sure, if Art only went with good guests, he'd only be able to do a couple shows a month. My answer is open phones and shorter programs as necessary, but an aggressive approach to quality-only would be a better use of our time, and lend desperately-needed actual credibility to the life and death issues we do face: from climate change and control through Fukushima, chemtrails and government spying.

Those with an interest that we DO NOT investigate and popularize these things love nothing better than the lot of us staying up all night listening and debating the merits of flat out quacks.

Art needs a big poster of a red herring with a slash mark through on it on that gorgeous studio wall. I cannot line pockets of Sirius, or Art, until Art starts booking more serious people.

The same old same old will get real old real soon. Life's too short.

Have fun,
I couldn't agree more Bellcat! I too think the guests can either make the show credible or not.

Guests like Dick Hoagland and Minor Ed Dames just ruin the show (in my opinion). Time and time again they have made claims which never materialize. I know they are old friends of Art's, but I agree, Art is way too intelligent to keep having guys like these on. And people like Reed, while a great science fiction storyteller, are just way too over the top. The alien part was bad enough, but then he goes into being dead for 19 minutes to saying he's met TWO Popes? Really, he thought we would believe that he met the Pope and spent four days staying at the Vatican?

I know every guest can't be perfect, and is worth listening to at least once or twice. However to continually have people like Dick and Dames on, who always make such outlandish claims, just gets old. I really trust and believe Art, so it puzzles me as to his reasoning for guests like these.

Last edited:
Remember, the quality level of the show depends not so much on the guest and it does on the host. With Art, the show quality is through the roof.

To infinity . . . and BEYOND!:D

Reactions: Zoxo
Remember, the quality level of the show depends not so much on the guest and it does on the host. With Art, the show quality is through the roof.

To infinity . . . and BEYOND!:D
You are so right. As others have said, Art could interview a rock and make it a good show! I just don't want the rock to be a prevaricator or doom and gloom rock. :p :D

Storm knocked out my wireless connection. Boy, it was a hum-dinger! Rapid fire lightening, cannon fire thunder. The banging of the rain on my roof was deafening, sometimes drowning out the thunder.

Wow! What a storm. It was AWESOME!:D

So. What did I miss?
Frozen alien,Men in Black,

Every time I hear or see the words "frozen alien," I think of frozen exotic vegetables. Sorry no. I don't have a clue.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.