Art Bell Bumper Music

Yes, I understand that part of BC's post. It's the "didn't play long enough for the lyrics" I don't get.

In the lead up to MitD, I remember Bell threatening to not do the show when he found out he was going to have to pay for a music licensing agreement. I think he was under the impression since MitD was going to be web based, as opposed to an over the air program, he didn't need an agreement. He'd apparently never had to deal with licensing personally since it was taken care of at the network level.
Very good points Duke. I think you are right. I think Art had a lot of trouble navigating the the streaming medium. I sure miss the days of radio. I do enjoy the podcasts available now and the huge internet selections but there was something special about radio. I still miss his voice in the night.

Very good points Duke. I think you are right. I think Art had a lot of trouble navigating the the streaming medium. I sure miss the days of radio. I do enjoy the podcasts available now and the huge internet selections but there was something special about radio. I still miss his voice in the night.
Nothing beats traditional radio.
I have an old tube radio from the 1950s that works great! And my god the noise of a tube and warmth of audio cannot be beaten by any digital or solid-state player. I would listen to late-night talk radio more if Noory wasn't around.
But over the weekends I listen to the Twilight Zone and The Shadow radio dramas on AM.