Art Bell Area 51 caller solved

I remember both the call (laughed my ass off, btw), and several years later hearing/reading it was a prank by some "comic book guy." His "performance" was so over the top it's hard for me to believe anyone took it seriously. This call was even worse than the "I'm flying into Area 51" caller.

As for the part about going off the air, it was either Bell panicking and dumping the system or, more likely him seizing a God send opportunity for high drama and the subsequent publicity he knew it would get. Say what you will about him, good or bad, but Bell was first and foremost a master showman and self promoter.

My immediate question was not " why was Art's broadcast cut off " but " why did the guy wait 17 years to reveal himself " and " why when he knew he was no longer in any danger, did he not tell Art." This makes me a little angry.

Can someone comment whether the AB caller and this man sound the same ? My hearing is not good enough to tell.

Can someone comment whether the AB caller and this man sound the same ? My hearing is not good enough to tell.

Yes, his speaking is very much the same as the caller, and the timbre and syntax sound the same. I think it's him.

Reactions: Duke
Say what you will about him, good or bad, but Bell was first and foremost a master showman and self promoter.
He was THE pro at this. Haven't heard anyone since match the man. He never said he was on for educational purposes. He was there to entertain and if someone had valid info to offer, he'd engage in the conversation...although he never would tell you if he believed in what was said or not. Whitley Streiber said that Art never would tell him if he believed him or not, and they were friends.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke