Are We Prepared For an Alien Invasion

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Former UK Ministry Of Defence UFO Investigator Says We Are Completely Unprepared For An Alien Invasion

I think some of what Pope says here is true, but the bit about it would have been him who would have written the invasion defense plan is laughable. Middle level civil servants, especially those with no prior military service, don't put together operational war plans. It's possible he might have been called in to advise if he had actionable intel from his work on the "UFO desk," but even that's doubtful.

Regretfully Nick appears to be another of the ufologists trying to keep his name out there and remain relevant in this era of tic tacs and TTSA shenanigans.

IMO Pope is a sock puppet.

Reactions: Lynne
IMO Pope is a sock puppet.

No more than any of us who've worked in the DoD/MoD and had access to classified information. We know what we can't talk about, and don't talk about it. Other than that, we're technically free to talk about any thing. Like in non-military life however, there are things we can discuss, but think better of doing so.

From personal experience, one of the biggest problem those of us in this situation face is knowing the current status of classified information we learned while working. Just because it's in the news doesn't make it unclassified. I've seen stuff I learned in the black world twenty-plus years ago published in authoritative publications like "Air Forces Monthly," "Aviation Week," and "Jane's." I'm still obliged to treat that information as classified unless I know for a fact it has officially been declassified by the cognizant DoD agency. If in doubt, you have to assume it's classified.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Before I posted this story about the B-2 unofficial program patch, I contacted the security guys in the B-2 SPO last year to confirm the classified program name was unclassified.

1-17-2019 Thursday Live Chat Portal

No more than any of us who've worked in the DoD/MoD and had access to classified information.

I respect your knowledge and experience, Duke, but unless you are a TV personality who is paid to talk to millions of people about UFOs, I think there is probably a big difference between you and Pope. I would trust something that you said about things you have direct knowledge of but I do not trust Pope about anything. You said yourself that at least some of the things Pope said in this one instance are sure to be lies.

When I know someone is lying about at east part of what they are saying, I cease to trust anything they say. I have a zero lie tolerance. :)

Reactions: Lynne
I respect your knowledge and experience, Duke, but unless you are a TV personality who is paid to talk to millions of people about UFOs, I think there is probably a big difference between you and Pope. I would trust something that you said about things you have direct knowledge of but I do not trust Pope about anything. You said yourself that at least some of the things Pope said in this one instance are sure to be lies.

When I know someone is lying about at east part of what they are saying, I cease to trust anything they say. I have a zero lie tolerance. :)

With you one hundred percent on your last paragraph, I'm the same way. That's why I have such disdain for Elizondo. I go one step further, I take the same attitude to those talking/writing ignorantly (as opposed to lying) about something. I mentioned previously having problems with some of the techno-thrillers because the authors had no clue what they were talking about relative to things I knew a great deal about. Best example is Dale Brown and his "Old Dog" novels.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant by a "sock puppet." I took that to mean you thought he was controlled by the MoD, basically delivering the party line they want presented to the public. That's different than exaggerating one's role or importance in some endeavor such as what I think Nick did here. Having written a fair number of resumes, and read a lot more, I know inflated self promotion to make oneself more marketable is pretty common. Not saying it's right, however, in this day and age, guys are doing things to stay relevant. At least he hasn't claimed to have been abducted or received a binary coded message from time travelers.

Pope is one of a handful of ufologists I respect, or even take seriously. I've been in his world, and understand the limitations he faces. What he doesn't say is often more telling than what he does say, and he clearly knows how the system works. I've exchanged correspondence with him, he's well schooled in the art of discussing close hold information in an unclassified arena.

Last edited:
In a way, that could be rephrased as " could primitive man in dugout canoes with spears defeat a nuclear aircraft carrier?"....the situation in many third world countries shows that ppl can't stand against their warlord leaders...(.just think of that on a bigger scale). I don't think its a question someone in an authoritive position would waste their time on, while it may be interesting / entertaining to read its purely fluff just to be talking.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke
In a way, that could be rephrased as " could primitive man in dugout canoes with spears defeat a nuclear aircraft carrier?"....the situation in many third world countries shows that ppl can't stand against their warlord leaders...(.just think of that on a bigger scale). I don't think its a question someone in an authoritive position would waste their time on, while it may be interesting / entertaining to read its purely fluff just to be talking.

That was what I was alluding to, that I thought he was probably correct there was no real plan in place. Hard to prepare a defense plan without knowing the capability of the attackers, and I honestly believe the governments of the world have little actionable intelligence on aliens, if they exist.

Of course there are the secret space fleets the Goodes and Baras of the world keep telling us about, we got that going for us.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm