Are Some Places Prone to Disruptive or Even Bad Energy?

Walking Goose

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I thought Id post this and ask for some opinions and also others experiences in this area of discussion. I have never been one to look for the paranormal all that much. Mainly because I know it exists and just leave things be for the most part.That said this happened to me a few years ago. Nearby there is a large stone that must have been left by the glaciers in my area as they retreated and melt. I live in an area that has had First Nation habitats for thousands of years in it. At one point this area was even warmer than it is now . I find a few artifacts as I walk the trails around here and leave them be . Not that I want them at this stage becasue I know they may come with things still alive energetically. The area near the big stone ( it sits about eight feet high) has a creepy vibe. I didnt think much of it but the more I thought about it I am sure the many peoples that lived here probably had a story for why it was there as it is really out of place. Once I found a totem stone at the big rocks base about 35 years ago. It was in the dirt and the rain had washed away the dirt to expose it. I picked it up and showed it to my fellow hikers and put it in my pocket to clean up and really check it out and also show to some fellow native friends.It was a perfect bear outline . I had some really bad luck for a few days and then it occured to me. I took the stone back and placed it right where I found it. One month later or so I noticed that someone else had noticed it and probably picked it up. lol .This area has lots of deer in it and really lots of ticks. Strangely it is the scene of crazy behavior Ive noticed. Once I saw some guy practicing his swordsmanship with a huge sword there. The cops came thankfully and helped him go practice his makebelieve dungeons and dragons exploits somewhere else. I always thought that bears were a good totem but after learning about other tribes beliefs they are considered bad luck in some places. Other things have happened in the general area of the place I am talking about that seem to be out of place .I think of Feng Shui when I bring this up and the energy of certain places that are either regenerative or destructive in nature.Can a place be home to bad ?

I would say most definitely! Something that I still don't like to talk about much today, was a property in FL that we bought. I felt the bad energy, but I thought that I could change it over time. That house resisted my energy, my prayers, etc. We had so much bad luck there it was unbelievable. I finally said enough is enough, and we put the house on the market. I will say that the energy seemed to be coming from the land itself.

"Energy" is by definition calculatable or measurable. It must also have an identifiable source or process by which it is generated or changed from one form to another. So while I can agree certain places have a creepy or offputting feel to them, that's different than "bad energy." And I would further agree those feelings can be translated thoughts or actions that can produce negative or bad results.

There would be exceptions in a places when some identifiable, quantifiable source of energy, be it natural or man made, affects us. Examples would be like things like EMF created by improper wiring/electrical work, or energy released as a result of some naturally occurring chemical reaction or process. Those scenarios are not supernatural, good or bad, however.

A couple thoughts on this. Energy is energy...neither good nor bad. Intention can influence how energy vibrates. Recently science has made inroads into this with String theory. Vibration of energy changes it's "tune", or resonance. Here's an article about vibration of energy.

A bit more on energy...

The heart's energy is said to reach about three feet outside of the physical body and can be detected in another person sitting nearby via an electrocardiogram (ECG). Can you bring to mind someone who, without even speaking a word, makes you feel light just by being in their presence? Have you ever been told, "you have such a positive energy about you?" The potential of how far our heart's electromagnetic energy field can reach continues to be studied as technology plays catch-up.

One last thing on energy....Michio Kaku now talks about the universe vibrating as music. That's the short version. But, have you ever noticed that music can make your own energetic vibration change? Music in the key of E minor is rather sad, in the key of C seems to be upbeat. Forget words, just listen to the notes and you will see the resonance difference and the mood changes it can evoke within you.

I think this may relate directly to why some places "feel" different. The vibrations of the energy...which is still just energy at the core...is different.

Can a place be home to bad ?
Yep, I grew up in one. My great grandad and my grandad were SP bookies in the old days, running their business from the home. I know you had to pay up or else, so who knows what went on there. I grew up in the most negative, unhappy home and being a sensitive kid life wasn't easy. The place was haunted by many separate entities which only were noticed by my brother and me. I could write a book just on what went on there. Whether this badness was left from my ancestors or was already there I don't know.

Last edited:
I agree with the energy discussion but disagree on what is positive and negative as IMO they are different . Recently I thought of a beautiful caring woman who had been a camp survivor of the Nazis . She had a number on her beautiful arm and she was the nicest truest most generous person I ever knew when I was little. IMO energy is not just energy, it is either beneficial to people, nurturing and healing, indiferent, or evil as all heck. I have never trusted scientists to tell me what grann and the rest of the tribe knew to be real. Leaving out spirituality and creator leads to dangerous stuff IMO. Just my yada of course and I do agree with all the comments, its just that they dont jibe with the memories of that poor woman and my mother talking often about what she survived in the last war. Evil exists IMO/

I agree with the energy discussion but disagree on what is positive and negative as IMO they are different . Recently I thought of a beautiful caring woman who had been a camp survivor of the Nazis . She had a number on her beautiful arm and she was the nicest truest most generous person I ever knew when I was little. IMO energy is not just energy, it is either beneficial to people, nurturing and healing, indiferent, or evil as all heck. I have never trusted scientists to tell me what grann and the rest of the tribe knew to be real. Leaving out spirituality and creator leads to dangerous stuff IMO. Just my yada of course and I do agree with all the comments, its just that they dont jibe with the memories of that poor woman and my mother talking often about what she survived in the last war. Evil exists IMO/
I never said there was no evil. There most certainly is. What I said is that "readable" by scientific measures and tools is that all energy "reads" or measures the same.

Coming back to vibration and resonance of that energy...if energy is vibrating low, such as demonic, etc, it is a low vibration that may apply to that evil you speak of. It appears if that energy is vibrating at a higher level it has good energy.

Edit: and the intentions of the being using that energy for bad or good certainly influences at what level it's gonna vibrate.

Reactions: Paulm