Are some countries more haunted than others?

true but why? I still dont know what my praying for my family and friends in a good way would anger a spirit. Unless they just didnt like me it makes no sense to me. Maybe my prayers were pushing them out?
I felt that they preferred more traditional religious practices, and viewed mine with suspicion and hostility!

Reactions: Walking Goose
As for the scratching at the front door, I would not answer it. You don’t want to make an implied acceptance to whatever wants in. Of course it may be an animal, are you by a wooded area? If you think it’s an entity or spirit there’s things you can do to discourage it from entering your home. PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

Maybe south east asian countries have more activites involving spirits because the "Yin energy is stronger there"?I don't know what that means.Just overheard it on tv. Maybe they say Yin because the place is more humid and damp because of the rainy weather?

Reactions: garnetsilver
The very geology of the UK area is heavy with stone which can absorb psychic/emotional energy and replay these things back to us.

Just on the geology of the UK, we are also an island surrounded by water. Apart from recognising certain rock types that seem to enhance spiritual activity, water has also been observed and recognised by the paranormal community to play a part in the conducting of spiritual energies. We have many rivers, natural (and man-made) mineral springs, marshlands and canal ways here that have existed for decades.

As with many other places in Europe, we also have a relatively shallow water table - only between 3 and 10 meters down on average. This vastly differs to some places in the US, for example, where the water table sits at 250 meters below the surface. I believe this all contributes to the hauntings we get, alongside the other geology and historic elements.

I agree that the longer a geographical area has been inhabited, the more potential for hauntings. It just stands to reason.

Population density is also a factor, while North and South America have been inhabited for a long time, population densities were much lower than in the Old World.

I have also found it very rare to find any paranormal activity in newly-constructed buildings on previously undisturbed/unoccupied ground. Chances of activity improve if a location has a history of human occupation even before any structures were erected.

Europe, Asia, Africa, all should be much, much more haunted than North and South American locations, for these reasons.

I agree that the longer a geographical area has been inhabited, the more potential for hauntings. It just stands to reason.

Population density is also a factor, while North and South America have been inhabited for a long time, population densities were much lower than in the Old World.

I have also found it very rare to find any paranormal activity in newly-constructed buildings on previously undisturbed/unoccupied ground. Chances of activity improve if a location has a history of human occupation even before any structures were erected.

Europe, Asia, Africa, all should be much, much more haunted than North and South American locations, for these reasons.
From this I take it you are defining "haunting/haunted" to be affected only by the spirits of humans who have died. In your opinion then, what effect does population/habitation have on the presence of non-human entities (demons, shadow people, imps, etc.) at a location? Is it inaccurate to say a shadow man is haunting a home?

Duke, I haven't been doing this long enough to draw any conclusions, but it seems reasonable to assume that birds of a feather flock together. If, as some people fear, some non-human entities feed on human souls or fear, it's not unreasonable to assume that the populations probably congregate in the same regions.

I guess I'm proposing a "gravity" theory of paranormal population densities, lol. Either that or predators following their prey.

Just on the geology of the UK, we are also an island surrounded by water. Apart from recognising certain rock types that seem to enhance spiritual activity, water has also been observed and recognised by the paranormal community to play a part in the conducting of spiritual energies. We have many rivers, natural (and man-made) mineral springs, marshlands and canal ways here that have existed for decades.

As with many other places in Europe, we also have a relatively shallow water table - only between 3 and 10 meters down on average. This vastly differs to some places in the US, for example, where the water table sits at 250 meters below the surface. I believe this all contributes to the hauntings we get, alongside the other geology and historic elements.
Lots of water.Lots of Yin=Lots of spirits. (Yang is dry btw)

Last edited:
Duke, I haven't been doing this long enough to draw any conclusions, but it seems reasonable to assume that birds of a feather flock together. If, as some people fear, some non-human entities feed on human souls or fear, it's not unreasonable to assume that the populations probably congregate in the same regions.

I guess I'm proposing a "gravity" theory of paranormal population densities, lol. Either that or predators following their prey.
A reasonable conclusion, but I've long been interested in how "haunted/haunting" is used by both those in the paranormal field and the population at large. Do non-human entities "haunt?" Haunt has a negative connotation to me, so I'd think you'd hear it used to describe shadow people and demons, but not angels. Similarly when people are "haunted by a memory," the term is used to describe a sad or negative event, as opposed to something joyful.