Are some countries more haunted than others?

Samaran

Reaction score
I found this forum a year and a half ago. At the time, there was a problem with a little boy ghost who didn’t seem friendly. It was a very defining experience at the time, as it was a visible, audible phenomenon. I had never met one like that before. But the situation was solved and we didn't see him anymore.
But more strange things have happened recently. My husband started a new job a week ago and has to work from afternoon to evening for now. Since then, almost every night, someone is desperately scratching the front door. But when we open, nobody is there. It's less disturbing than the previous experience.
I've lived in a couple countries so far and travelled a lot. Ever since we live in the UK, we've run into some phenomenon in every single place we lived. But it is also common among our friends. Some people have been living with their spirits for years. It's the most natural for them.
From this arose the question of whether some countries are more haunted. What do you think?

An excellent question. I do believe it may be so, for a variety of reasons. The first that comes to mind is the age of society. The UK has a history that goes much farther back than the US with quite a bit of extreme emotions such as war/illnesses, etc. Just more people having more extreme experiences for a longer period of time.

This, in some cases, may have lead to the "stone tape" situation. The very geology of the UK area is heavy with stone which can absorb psychic/emotional energy and replay these things back to us to produce residual hauntings.

And then you have the intelligent haunts that appear to be aware and interact. Denser population over the time line, more possible spirits lingering.

An excellent question. I do believe it may be so, for a variety of reasons. The first that comes to mind is the age of society. The UK has a history that goes much farther back than the US with quite a bit of extreme emotions such as war/illnesses, etc. Just more people having more extreme experiences for a longer period of time.

This, in some cases, may have lead to the "stone tape" situation. The very geology of the UK area is heavy with stone which can absorb psychic/emotional energy and replay these things back to us to produce residual hauntings.

And then you have the intelligent haunts that appear to be aware and interact. Denser population over the time line, more possible spirits lingering.
Interestingly, you mention geology. Thinking about where I encountered several phenomena in Europe, each was an area that is rocky.

Interestingly, you mention geology. Thinking about where I encountered several phenomena in Europe, each was an area that is rocky.
It's something that the paranormal world is now recognizing as one of the key factors in many residual hauntings. The type of stone also seems to play a role in it as well.

maybe some of us are more easy for the other side to communicate with. Some people never have paranormal stuff happen to them and others a lot. When we move into some entities domain maybe they like some of us and others no. When I moved into my second house I had five years of bad luck and even my kids said that place gave them the creeps. The people that had lived there before both were old and passed while living in the house but being a newbie I thought spirit stuff was a bunch of baloney. I think they carry their likes and dislikes with them especially those spirits who feel they need to stay here and bother the living. Just my opinions of course but not all spirits are bad naturally but those that continually stay around nad create trouble are not well wishers to my way of thinking, I had a picture of Mary on the wall that wouldnt stay up for the first few days we were there. To add to the wierdness I heard scratching in the walls. It wasnt until I went into the attic to find squirrels and a bunch of mice that the wall noise ended. I drive by that place at times and it looks so lonely, The person that lives there doesnt trim the bushes and it looks like an abandoned house but it isnt. Wierd.

I lived in a house that didn't like me, nor did I care for it. Mr.Garnet wanted to buy it because it was cheap, but I paid a high price in the spiritual toll it took on me. I find that houses have their own personalities, as well as possible haunting by former occupants, as Goose mentioned. That house seemed sullen and wary about me, and I was so glad to sell it and get away from it!

I lived in a house that didn't like me, nor did I care for it. Mr.Garnet wanted to buy it because it was cheap, but I paid a high price in the spiritual toll it took on me. I find that houses have their own personalities, as well as possible haunting by former occupants, as Goose mentioned. That house seemed sullen and wary about me, and I was so glad to sell it and get away from it!
I think we carry past lives with us and those spirits that are still hanging around can tell it and may like us or disllike us. I was very into Native American religion at the time . I had no idea that spirits dont like the way you pray or who you were in a past life. Just mythoughts though. I think the pipe ceremony pushed them over the edge !!l lol Now they can have their old box house all to themselves. Good ridence to that place. My other house had a medicine wheel I built in the back yard and that place felt totally different.Lots of animals around,

I think we carry past lives with us and those spirits that are still hanging around can tell it and may like us or disllike us. I was very into Native American religion at the time . I had no idea that spirits dont like the way you pray or who you were in a past life. Just my thoughts though. I think the pipe ceremony pushed them over the edge !!l lol Now they can have their old box house all to themselves. Good ridence to that place. My other house had a medicine wheel I built in the back yard and that place felt totally different.Lots of animals around,
I sensed that this house didn't like spiritual beliefs and practices.

Reactions: Walking Goose
I sensed that this house didn't like spiritual beliefs and practices.
true but why? I still dont know what my praying for my family and friends in a good way would anger a spirit. Unless they just didnt like me it makes no sense to me. Maybe my prayers were pushing them out?

true but why? I still dont know what my praying for my family and friends in a good way would anger a spirit. Unless they just didnt like me it makes no sense to me. Maybe my prayers were pushing them out?
Some entities just lean more negative. As in life, you can't make everyone happy.