Are Mothman reports being covered up?

Sorry, I didn’t even consider age. To have him as a professor is even better!
Did you ever fly? I can’t remember if I’ve asked you that before. It seems natural for your carrier.
No, but I did take glider lessons for a while.

Reactions: Lynne
That sounds like fun. I’m surprised you didn’t become a pilot.
I had poor eyesight from an early age, knew I could never fly for the military. I didn't have the interest or money to take private flying lessons. I did get a fair amount of time in various USAF flight simulators. Based on those results, it's probably a good idea I didn't try to fly for real.

Reactions: Lynne
I had poor eyesight from an early age, knew I could never fly for the military. I didn't have the interest or money to take private flying lessons. I did get a fair amount of time in various USAF flight simulators. Based on those results, it's probably a good idea I didn't try to fly for real.
Well you certainly had a good carrier in the field.

Reactions: Duke
for a human to fly, as an example of mothman size, we would need a wingspan of roughly 25 feet, (that is why most hang gliders are at least 30 feet across at the minimum).. but, and this is a big but...lol. as the wing span gets bigger the weight ratio increases resulting in the need for an even larger wingspan, so a vicious circle kinda thing.. now, if mothman exists in the physical world, maybe he is more birdlike, hollow bones, lite weight, etc... but even then the muscle needed for flight (which is dense and heavy) would come into play. so the question of maneuverability and speed is a valid question to be asked. most pterosaurs were gliders that rode the winds, not easy flyers. most descriptions of mothman having a 10 to 12 foot wingspan just wouldnt work.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." :)

Reactions: Paulm
If existing, have people witnessed Mothman actually flying or was he maybe just gliding?

Reactions: Paulm
If existing, have people witnessed Mothman actually flying or was he maybe just gliding?
I remember the two couples who initially reported the Mothman claimed it overtook them in the air when they were doing over 90 mph on a straight stretch of road in their car. He did this from a standing start, jumped up straight into the air, as they first saw him on the ground. So that's not gliding, although I don't recall if anyone said the varmint was flapping wings like a bird.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
I am also wondering if flys have telepathy too. They seem to know how to avoid being hit.
that is due to their backflip capability to evade oncoming threats....or so i was told...( i think actually "how to hit flys 99% of the time" was what may have prompted that discussion so long ago) lol....but of course a lot of weird, strange, conversations come about while in isolation and unable to sleep...but supposedly if you aim slightly behind them they will jump right into the swatter thus increasing your statistics of contact.....errr, of course that could be from the baseball lecture too.... i dunno....that possibly could be why i chose to go the philosophy route and not aerodynamic engineering....lol... ill leave that for Duke.....

I recall a report wherein the witness said a "Mothman" extended its wings and ascended into the air without flapping its wings. Go figure.