Are Mothman reports being covered up?

I watched a wacky doc called Hellier. During their investigation, they made ties with mothman there as well.
Good show. Did you watch the whole series. I thought they did a good job. No real answers must they uncovered more questions and some strange synchronicities.

for a human to fly, as an example of mothman size, we would need a wingspan of roughly 25 feet, (that is why most hang gliders are at least 30 feet across at the minimum).. but, and this is a big but...lol. as the wing span gets bigger the weight ratio increases resulting in the need for an even larger wingspan, so a vicious circle kinda thing.. now, if mothman exists in the physical world, maybe he is more birdlike, hollow bones, lite weight, etc... but even then the muscle needed for flight (which is dense and heavy) would come into play. so the question of maneuverability and speed is a valid question to be asked. most pterosaurs were gliders that rode the winds, not easy flyers. most descriptions of mothman having a 10 to 12 foot wingspan just wouldnt work.
This reminds me of the long held theory that bumblebees can't fly, that their small wings can't support their weight. In fact, I remember having an aerodynamics professor tell us bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly. Turns out years later it was discovered they fly more like helicopters than fixed wing aircraft, a function of the direction and speed their wings flap.

This reminds me of the long held theory that bumblebees can't fly, that their small wings can't support their weight. In fact, I remember having an aerodynamics professor tell us bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly. Turns out years later it was discovered they fly more like helicopters than fixed wing aircraft, a function of the direction and speed their wings flap.
Excellent example Duke.

maybe mothman has 4 wings??........ that reminds me of a teacher once who went into the whole equation of why it should be almost impossible to hit a round baseball with a round bat..... something about the "sweet spot" having to be hit within 1/8 of an inch to produce enough force to propel the ball any distance.... there was an equation the size of an entire blackboard to explain what most children (of the athletic type) are capable of doing by age 10...lol

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
this also reminds me that there is actually a theory and belief among some scientists that pterosaurs (the largest of them) actually may not have been able to fly either, that gliding was the most they could achieve.... something about muscle and bone can only achieve flight with a weight of less than 150 pounds, anything over would not be able to become airborne, and thats with a wingspan of 35 or more feet.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
maybe mothman has 4 wings??........ that reminds me of a teacher once who went into the whole equation of why it should be almost impossible to hit a round baseball with a round bat..... something about the "sweet spot" having to be hit within 1/8 of an inch to produce enough force to propel the ball any distance.... there was an equation the size of an entire blackboard to explain what most children (of the athletic type) are capable of doing by age 10...lol
One of my fonder memories of college was a group of us, including Neil Armstrong, sitting in one of our labs debating how flies land of a ceiling. In response to one theory, I remember Armstrong saying, "I've never seen flys doing touch and gos on the ceiling."

One of my fonder memories of college was a group of us, including Neil Armstrong, sitting in one of our labs debating how flies land of a ceiling. In response to one theory, I remember Armstrong saying, "I've never seen flys doing touch and gos on the ceiling."
haha, back in 90 - 91 during a conversation with a few others, a couple of whom were aviators we discussed the fly also....lol... one of the pilots stated that when a fly takes flight they always do a backflip to become airborne.....true or not I have no idea..... and i at the time highly questioned where he got his bird license also......lol

Reactions: Debi and Duke
I am enjoying this discussion very much. Duke you went to college with Armstrong ! Wow! And now I will never look at flys the same way. I am also wondering if flys have telepathy too. They seem to know how to avoid being hit.

I am enjoying this discussion very much. Duke you went to college with Armstrong ! Wow! And now I will never look at flys the same way. I am also wondering if flys have telepathy too. They seem to know how to avoid being hit.
*lol* Damn, I'm not that old. No, he was one of my professors at the University of Cincinnati. I had him for three or four classes, including Flight Testing and Aircraft Performance. He was a very good professor.

Reactions: Debi and ozentity
*lol* Damn, I'm not that old. No, he was one of my professors at the University of Cincinnati. I had him for three or four classes, including Flight Testing and Aircraft Performance. He was a very good professor.
Sorry, I didn’t even consider age. To have him as a professor is even better!
Did you ever fly? I can’t remember if I’ve asked you that before. It seems natural for your carrier.