Apple called out on monopolizing repairs

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
Apple wanted to charge an undercover reporter $1200 to replace parts on a computer that was “not worth repairing”, whereas a famous YouTuber fixed the issue in a matter of minutes and couldn’t bring himself to charge for the repair. This shady practice clearly played a part in apple reaching Trillion-dollar status. Can they maintain that status as states begin pushing “right to repair” legislation?

Reactions: ghostkind
You'd be surprised how many businesses do that like windows tried to get me to buy a copy of win 98 even though it is no longer supported. What happened is I called them to retrieve a code for an old pc i wanted to partition and look at some old files i had.

I track that experience on many factors. Each employee is asked to be part saleman, part technician. Training and experience like the 3rd party technician has shows what is necessary to diagnose problems and keep customers coming back. I am hoping that Apple learns from this report and trains their employees better. Above all Apple should learn that profit alone is not a valid business model. Good product plus great customer support keeps Apple device owners coming back.