Apartment haunting I had

boo

Reaction score
Years ago when first married, we stayed in a few apartments before our first house. We last got a studio one with dark carpet and I felt odd in that place. I tried to tell my husband I don't want it here and feels weird to me. Gloomy and eerie. But he wanted to stay with it a studio and stairs. It was ok one. But few months into it he was later than usual getting home from late night bowling thing he had. I never slept much when he was gone and I didn't that night. I heard the door open and I thought it was him coming through but he didn't say anything so I figured he'd just come on up to bed. Then I heard the phone dialing and that creeped me out. I thought he wouldn't do that this late at night. Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I thought please don't come up whoever you are. I hid under the covers shivering during this. It was near midnight. Then I felt this big butt sit on the edge of the bed. A man's butt. And I was frightened at this point. Then it all ended and he never laid next to me, thank the lord. It all just stopped and few minutes later it was my husband got home. He might have stopped that mess. I wondered if someone died in that apartment cause of the bad feeling I had. It was very odd thing. I've told Ghostkind this before and she said it was a resonance she thought. I don't know what that means for sure but I bet that is right. Someone lived there before and essence was there. Routine he did. Man, that was scary. Was it a haunting or a ghost? I never really knew. It frightened me to death though. Short time later we got our first house. I told my dad some of this and he helped us to get our first one earlier. He believed me on most of that stuff I'd have. So just had to share this here for thoughts. I appreciate all help in the experiences I have. I think of doing a ghost book of all my experiences as far back as 8. I'll share that later on. Thanks I didn't dream this and was wide awake. And I'm not making it up. All true. lol

i do remember you told me that. i think i said it was residual tho. lol. you are braver than i am. i woulda jumped out the window. lol!

Reactions: Lynne
I should have but the stairs were right there where the thing was. So I didn't want to see what was there. I just hid. I guess seeing it would have stopped it too. Residual that was it. I need to look that up. I think someone died there and it was them coming cause the soul is still there. Just a guess.

Reactions: ghostkind
i think residual could also be someone who is still alive. i remember my brother came for a visit where i used to live and he stayed like a week. he'd go out at night and when he came back i was in bed usually and i'd hear him walking up to the thermostat right outside my room to adjust it. it was every night. i'd hear his footsteps walking up to the thermostat and the adjusting and the walking away. after he left back home, that night i was in bed and i heard footsteps walking up the thermostat and adjusting it and walking away. i had to open my door to see if he were back. but he wasn't. he didn't have a key anyway. it was strange!

Hi boo,
Yes it must have been frightening being in bed feeling safe,then hearing footsteps and feeling a bum sit on the bed, i bet you feared being molested by a ghost which must be a girl's nightmare!
Thank God the experience passed without further paranormal events!

Reactions: ghostkind and Lynne
That was exactly how I felt Astronomer. You hear stories of girls or women raped by a spirit and that scared me a lot. Randy coming home when he did might have saved me that night from worse. It was too scary to be a residual though. We'd been there six months. I just feel that was something other worldly that night. The feeling I had of evil in that place was overwhelming. I didn't want to stay there any longer and we did get out soon after. You are right Astronomer. I feel silly now that it was not that but didn't erase that fear I had. I was in my 20's and looking my best at that age. So I was worried of that for sure. And my hubby would not have believed me if anything did go on. He did seem like a bum to me too. Crack in his but type man. lol Leaning over and his pants half way down type. had a repair man that did that with Time Warner. He was a nut. Never helped and was rude. But reminded me of him. Thanks on Residual, Ghostkind. I had considered that too. Retelling it I felt that fear though. Fear was too strong. I felt something really bad that night. My answer to defending myself was hiding under the sheets. yeah, that was the ticket. LOL I knew nothing to help me like that but my heart was having that tachycardia stuff then and I bet it was that high heart rate that night. Whew. I was so relieved when it ended. I can't tell you. Astronomer hit the nail on the head with that fear though. whew

boo, that story gave me chills and reminded me of what happened to me once. i'll post it. your story could be a movie.

Years ago when first married, we stayed in a few apartments before our first house. We last got a studio one with dark carpet and I felt odd in that place. I tried to tell my husband I don't want it here and feels weird to me. Gloomy and eerie. But he wanted to stay with it a studio and stairs. It was ok one. But few months into it he was later than usual getting home from late night bowling thing he had. I never slept much when he was gone and I didn't that night. I heard the door open and I thought it was him coming through but he didn't say anything so I figured he'd just come on up to bed. Then I heard the phone dialing and that creeped me out. I thought he wouldn't do that this late at night. Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I thought please don't come up whoever you are. I hid under the covers shivering during this. It was near midnight. Then I felt this big butt sit on the edge of the bed. A man's butt. And I was frightened at this point. Then it all ended and he never laid next to me, thank the lord. It all just stopped and few minutes later it was my husband got home. He might have stopped that mess. I wondered if someone died in that apartment cause of the bad feeling I had. It was very odd thing. I've told Ghostkind this before and she said it was a resonance she thought. I don't know what that means for sure but I bet that is right. Someone lived there before and essence was there. Routine he did. Man, that was scary. Was it a haunting or a ghost? I never really knew. It frightened me to death though. Short time later we got our first house. I told my dad some of this and he helped us to get our first one earlier. He believed me on most of that stuff I'd have. So just had to share this here for thoughts. I appreciate all help in the experiences I have. I think of doing a ghost book of all my experiences as far back as 8. I'll share that later on. Thanks I didn't dream this and was wide awake. And I'm not making it up. All true. lol
Boo, that sounds like what we call a "residual haunting". The routine of someone or an event with high emotion can "imprint" into the stone, rock, brick, wood of a place. It's like a recording that plays over and over, and we never know what the trigger is to set it off and start the "tape' playing. They can be scary, but they are harmless.

Reactions: Lynne and ghostkind
Thanks Debi. That's what Ghostkind thinks too. It scared me with a spirit there. That butt on edge of the bed. He might have laid on top of me. lol I was under the covers. He might have had such a routine there that it was embedded in the apartment. That's a good thought and I agree. It was harmless other than scaring me silly. I was relieved when it ended. Lasted about 5 min I'd say. Shivering under the covers. I wish I'd had a friend over that night during it. For proof but would not have happened then. Thanks for response too. This was a scary one for me. I'll share my grandparents one sometime soon too. Thanks.

Reactions: ghostkind and Debi