Anyone ever heard of cryptids that frequent sewers or drains?

Unless it's anorexic.

But yeah, that's just scary...pets getting eaten. I'm just surprised no kids have been attacked by it, but then again that was nearly 30 years ago. At the age I was back then, I probably wouldn't have known if any were.
Right you might have been dinner

Reactions: Taliesin
I jus saw this thread. I have a tale to tell about sewer creatures. When I was very young in the early sixties some of my 3rd grade school pals told me about a monkey that lived in the sewer huge sewer drains going down to the river nearby. They planned to go after school and check it out and wanted me to go with them. I told them no I could not as I ahd a strict order to go straight home and report in for further orders from the adults that managed me. So..... the next day I casually asked my fiend how it went. I remember this , its actually one of the few things I remember from elementary school. He said they got there and started throwing rocks in the pipe and were yelling at the thing to come out. Then he otld me that it seemed like nothing was going to happen when a big monkey with big teeth came out and started chasing them!!!! There were three boys I believe, their names I ahve forgotten but one. Anyway I asked him if he was going back and he said no way. They arent allowed to. I also told him I thought he made the whole thing up which leads to this. About ten years later my mom was reading the local paper when she said to me listen to this. People in the same area are reporting a huge monkey chasing children by the extremely large pipes that ran through that area. I remeber mom and i talked about the kids that I had known in the thrd grade that did the same and I thought were lying. Same reports of a huge monkey with extra large teeth and a bad temper. Could a monkey have lived there all those years? NO. It snows like crazy around here and from the reports it sounds like a small bigfoot that was on his own. This area isnt far from a supposed bigfoot grassman structure found in the seventies. True story. My feeble brain is short n details but I wonder if that thing moved on to better digs as the area got built up with houses and people as the years went by. Ive told my grandkids about this and naturally they are very interested but who thinks BF can live in your neighborhood?

Reactions: Taliesin
I jus saw this thread. I have a tale to tell about sewer creatures. When I was very young in the early sixties some of my 3rd grade school pals told me about a monkey that lived in the sewer huge sewer drains going down to the river nearby. They planned to go after school and check it out and wanted me to go with them. I told them no I could not as I ahd a strict order to go straight home and report in for further orders from the adults that managed me. So..... the next day I casually asked my fiend how it went. I remember this , its actually one of the few things I remember from elementary school. He said they got there and started throwing rocks in the pipe and were yelling at the thing to come out. Then he otld me that it seemed like nothing was going to happen when a big monkey with big teeth came out and started chasing them!!!! There were three boys I believe, their names I ahve forgotten but one. Anyway I asked him if he was going back and he said no way. They arent allowed to. I also told him I thought he made the whole thing up which leads to this. About ten years later my mom was reading the local paper when she said to me listen to this. People in the same area are reporting a huge monkey chasing children by the extremely large pipes that ran through that area. I remeber mom and i talked about the kids that I had known in the thrd grade that did the same and I thought were lying. Same reports of a huge monkey with extra large teeth and a bad temper. Could a monkey have lived there all those years? NO. It snows like crazy around here and from the reports it sounds like a small bigfoot that was on his own. This area isnt far from a supposed bigfoot grassman structure found in the seventies. True story. My feeble brain is short n details but I wonder if that thing moved on to better digs as the area got built up with houses and people as the years went by. Ive told my grandkids about this and naturally they are very interested but who thinks BF can live in your neighborhood?
It may have been a small BF because a real monkey would have no trouble catching a kid and probably doing severe damage. Something with a more intelligent intellect may have just wanted to play or scare them.