Anyone else think cemeteries are set up all wrong?

Years Ago, I did a paint job out of town. Southern Indiana. And I saw dueling graveyards. On one side of the road I saw the biggest giantest tombstones. On the other side of the road I saw the biggest giantest tombstones. It was like a pissing match.
Why ?
the mcmansion syndrome, as in life, so be it in death also........ some ppl just got to prove who has the biggest willy all the way to the end....
if im judged by the size of my house or the car I drive I will not fit high on anyones standards...lol

Paul, I sure hope I never judge a man by the car he drives.:( Golf clubs are a different story:p

You know what's kind of funny, my brother and I play similar clubs. He's pretty good and set a course record. Me not so much:(.
But the top of my bag is Cobra Equipment. Driver & 3 wood. Treeman bought Cobra gear. I think he figured I worked out the technology. With wedges, the bottom end of my bag is all Cleveland. For no other reason than he knows what he's doing;). Me not so much.
The cool thing is when we are away from the bags, and I can say "Hey man do you have a 54 "
? And he hands me his wedge and I never skip a beat:).

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm
Paul, I sure hope I never judge a man by the car he drives.:( Golf clubs are a different story:p

see, you get it... a cheap car means better clubs.... priorities, and knowing where to place them.....lol

Reactions: Lynne
Just on the subject, UK graveyards tend to have more room around them to walk. At least the older ones, but in Edinburgh Greyfriars was so busy it was a case of removing the stones after so many years or so and burying someone else. It is common to see headstones repurposed as walkways, as well as people buried under the floors of the church itself, and an inscribed stone forming the floor. They also put people in the walls with usually an ornate painted and gilded but wooden plaque over the end.

This is a picture of Houdini standing next to a grave of "The Wizard of the North" in Aberdeen centre. It was said that the Wizard was an inspiration to Harry, and paid his respects when he visited, but was so sad that the grave was untended and overgrown that Harry paid for it's upkeep for the rest of his life. It is the only stone in there that is white marble.
I can say I've stood where harry Houdini has stood.
houdini1.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver