Anybody know what my dreams mean?

Roffin

Reaction score
I didn't post this in any paranormal sections cause this isn't necessarily paranormal.My paternal grandmother passed away when I was 17 or 18 but I've had the same dream ever since the past 4 years(or more) since I was 32 .(I think I also had some the same type of dreams about her during my late 20s but not that frequent). In every of those dreams,the scenario is that she's still alive and spending time with us as a family. She didn't do much with us except sit down on the chair and have short discussions. Is there some message that's trying to reach me here? Cause every time I dream about her she doesn't talk much or has anything to tell me. In fact when she is discussing something I can't see to who she is talking to .Those dreams are very realistic and for a moment I really believed she was still alive! There could have been 7 dreams altogether or even more.

I didn't post this in any paranormal sections cause this isn't necessarily paranormal.My paternal grandmother passed away when I was 17 or 18 but I've had the same dream ever since the past 4 years(or more) since I was 32 .(I think I also had some the same type of dreams about her during my late 20s but not that frequent). In every of those dreams,the scenario is that she's still alive and spending time with us as a family. She didn't do much with us except sit down on the chair and have short discussions. Is there some message that's trying to reach me here? Cause every time I dream about her she doesn't talk much or has anything to tell me. In fact when she is discussing something I can't see to who she is talking to .Those dreams are very realistic and for a moment I really believed she was still alive! There could have been 7 dreams altogether or even more.
This is actually something that happens to many of us. Recently I've posted about visits from just about every relative I have coming by to say hi. Sometimes the message is just a very simple one...they are there and watching over us.

When I dream of my granny it usually means to me that something from the past is making its presence known in my life. Like maybe I will see someone from years ago or hear about someone i havent seen in awhile. Or it could simply mean she is aware of your lives still and still cares about you.

Hi Keon,
Just speaking here in generalities but on face value, your grandma is spending time with your family and speaking to somebody else. You don't know who that person is, and it showed up in your dream.
Maybe she wants you to strike up a conversation with somebody in your family or somebody from her past. Tell them about the dream - and see where that conversation leads.

In a roundabout way, she may only be able to visit you in your reoccurring dream, but wants to say something to the other person thru you.

I'd like to say what the others have said here are possible; maybe it's all about saying hi, to show us that they're watching us, they still care about you, or there're things they want you to do.

There's one other thing however, came across my mind upon reading your post.

She didn't do much with us except sit down on the chair and have short discussions. Is there some message that's trying to reach me here? Cause every time I dream about her she doesn't talk much or has anything to tell me. In fact when she is discussing something I can't see to who she is talking to.

This descriptions.

These lines of yours were actually made me thinking that most of us believers would believed that passed away people would still have the same mundane traits like the living ones. If so, please look at your lines again, what can you see there now? She sat on the chair alone, and speaking to somebody you couldn't see.
What does it mean for us, living human, when we see one of us is showing that kind of attitude? It could be a form of deep/heavy loneliness. Or sorrow, depends on the situation at hands, I think.

Maybe, your late grandmother missed you, and you saw her talking to 'you' in your dreams-but you saw it from a third person perspective.

If that's the case, you might want to try to offer her a prayer or two (burning some incense for her is also a good idea), and it'd be enough to make her-at least, rest in peace, because you still remember her. It'd be better if you can also come to her grave in person yourself. Try it, and see if the dreams would stop-for a time being. If the dream happens again in the future, do the exact same thing again, since like in the real life where close relatives are always missing each other over time, so are they.

I've had almost similar dreams as well, but not as often as yours, maybe once in a year or two (since 2010, when my grandmother passed away). In my case, it was my maternal grandmother, and in my dreams she displayed a pretty much similar attitude you've described in your dreams. Praying for her is what I did after having such a dream and she'd stop appearing in my dreams for a moment.

But as I said, it'd be depended on the situation at hands, as in different situations, she might have came in my dreams more often than your grandmother in your dreams.

Asian believers, are known to have fear about having some certain dreams because those kind of dreams are believed to be a bad omen (I think I've explained one of the worse dream I'd hate to have on one of the threads here, if memory serves), so do I.
In a number of occassions, my late grandmother came to wake me up everytime I've almost had one of the bad dreams-mostly by knocking hard on my room door in my dreams.
Well, I guess that's one of her ways to take care of me, and also a form of her gratitude for my prayers to her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Roffin
I think it may be a visitation dream to let you know she’s well and is still with your family. I have had two of these dreams myself and they were different from regular dreams because they were very real and vivid. I felt that I was right there with my grandmother. Also I remembered them clearly while regular dreams fade quickly. How do you feel after the dream? Are you reassured, comforted ? That would be a good indicator of the meaning.

Reactions: ozentity
I'll offer a different possibility. When you dream you sometimes use people, places, and things to represent things. You mentioned that she was often just sort of there and didn't talk or interact with people very much. Is it possible that there is someone in your life that you are not talking to very much right now? Might it be a reminder that you can't always wait to do some things? We all have people that we wish that we had talked to more often or one last time before we lost them. You say that she is talking but you can't see anyone there that she is talking to. There might be someone that you have in the back of your mind that you have not seen or spoken to in a while and this is a reminder that you can't wait sometimes and need to contact them...

Dreams are strange things. Some may be sent to for from other places and people past. Some are things from your subconscious that is trying to speak to you but is without words. Some are just dreams where you deal with the things that bothered you during your waking hour or with your fears. I don't know how to tell them apart all of the time.

How do you feel after the dream? Are you reassured, comforted ? That would be a good indicator of the meaning.
I felt rather neutral. Like no happiness or sadness.

I recently told a family member of a dream I had of my cousin who had passed away, She told me to stop living in the past!!!!1
I never thought about that but I guess its valid.

Reactions: ozentity