Any thoughts on this entity please?

Thanks for sharing.
I haven't seen anything like this, but from other people's experiences they just seem to stand and watch. This may give a clue on why there are here, possibly as observers. Why one would loiter on the stairs is a bit of a mystery. Not even the living tend to do that.

Only spirit I have seen in a cloak was a vicar in a church. Quite a jolly chap who obviously used to work there, and is now looking after the place.
I’ve wondered if these monk like entities might be portal guardians. Perhaps these openings between dimensions or worlds need sentinels to guard them from beings crossing when they are not suppose to. If these openings are created or moved it would account for why they are not always there.

My brother and I both saw monk,reaper type entities in the home we were raised, both inside the house and in the front yard.They were only 3to 4 feet tall.The house was always alive with paranormal things,none were good.

Thanks for your reply Oz (can I call you that?). That must have been really unnerving! Do you still see them where you are now?

Reactions: ozentity
I've never seen any, but did see a being once, when I was eleven years old. It looked like a nun or a saint, and it was standing in front of a neighbor's door. Never could figure out why it was there, or why I saw it.

That's very strange... I guess at least it wasn't standing in your bedroom! :D Was it a shadow type figure, all black without any features?

Thanks for sharing your experience. These shadow beings are strange for sure. I saw one peek around a corner at me once while working a night shift. I have wondered if some could be spirits having an out of body experience? However it would not explain the hooded ones or the hat man. The one I saw was a tall black human shaped figure with no evidence of hair or cloths. I too think these things are something other than ghosts of people. I am very suspect of anything devoid of light and that visits when we are sleeping. In my reasoning, God is light and something devoid of light may well be his opposite. I think you handled it appropriately by ignoring it and not giving it any assent to get involved in your life.

Thanks Lynne, that's very reassuring that you thought I dealt with it correctly. To be honest, though, I was just terrified and needed to run away and hide! :D I'm glad it was the right course of action, though.

That must have been really spooky having something peek at you like that. Did you ever see it again?

I agree that mine didn't seem human. It was the eyes that gave it away as they were just points of light. It certainly didn't really seem human when I look back on it, and now that I have more knowledge of what type of entities could be out there, I'm certain it wasn't. Having seen that picture of it on Heidi Hollis's website I'm almost 100% sure it was a shadow figure and that they are not human.

I also would tend to agree that anything that lurks around in the dark while people are sleeping and then just stands there and stares at you, doesn't seem to be a being of the light (i.e. goodness). By contrast, the little old lady I posted about a week or so ago, appeared to me as a solid human and in broad daylight. We spoke to each other and she helped me. Most people, including myself, concluded that she was probably an Angel. So yes, very different M.O. from shadow people.

I'm already learning so much being on here! Thanks again and I hope you're not bothered by any more of these beings.

Reactions: Lynne
ive seen a monk or two but i have no idea why they come or what they mean, all i know is that it seems to be a popular occurance for people to see them! weird that both your housemates did see it too!

Yeah, the fact that my housemates also saw it was the "icing on the cake"! It freaked me out so much when she described it to me before I told her what it looked like! :D

Were your monks shadow figures too, or just ghostly monks?

Reactions: Rach
Thanks for sharing.
I haven't seen anything like this, but from other people's experiences they just seem to stand and watch. This may give a clue on why there are here, possibly as observers. Why one would loiter on the stairs is a bit of a mystery. Not even the living tend to do that.

Only spirit I have seen in a cloak was a vicar in a church. Quite a jolly chap who obviously used to work there, and is now looking after the place.

Thanks for your comments, Rowan. I agree that the stairs is definitely a strange place for it to have been, especially as it didn't know (I assume...) that I was going to come out of the bedroom and encounter it. I wish I knew more about their motives...

Your vicar chap sounds quite nice and friendly!

I’ve wondered if these monk like entities might be portal guardians. Perhaps these openings between dimensions or worlds need sentinels to guard them from beings crossing when they are not suppose to. If these openings are created or moved it would account for why they are not always there.

That's an interesting idea...

I quite like that idea. Like gatekeepers.

I suppose the picture does look a little like death- without the scythe. Possibly they have been seen for a very long time.

Vicar actually wanted me and my partner out of "his" dressing area, as it was now being used as a shop by the church, and he still considered it as his private rooms. He was still very nice about it, but we obliged.

Reactions: RoseRed and Lynne
Thanks for your reply Oz (can I call you that?). That must have been really unnerving! Do you still see them where you are now?
No, that was quite a while ago at my family home where I grew up,there was plenty going on there,so in a way was no surprise.The only thig I've experienced like that recently were thin shadow figures.Call me Oz,Rose.

Reactions: RoseRed
Thanks Lynne, that's very reassuring that you thought I dealt with it correctly. To be honest, though, I was just terrified and needed to run away and hide! :D I'm glad it was the right course of action, though.

That must have been really spooky having something peek at you like that. Did you ever see it again?

I agree that mine didn't seem human. It was the eyes that gave it away as they were just points of light. It certainly didn't really seem human when I look back on it, and now that I have more knowledge of what type of entities could be out there, I'm certain it wasn't. Having seen that picture of it on Heidi Hollis's website I'm almost 100% sure it was a shadow figure and that they are not human.

I also would tend to agree that anything that lurks around in the dark while people are sleeping and then just stands there and stares at you, doesn't seem to be a being of the light (i.e. goodness). By contrast, the little old lady I posted about a week or so ago, appeared to me as a solid human and in broad daylight. We spoke to each other and she helped me. Most people, including myself, concluded that she was probably an Angel. So yes, very different M.O. from shadow people.

I'm already learning so much being on here! Thanks again and I hope you're not bothered by any more of these beings.
I only saw it that one time.

Reactions: RoseRed