Any readers in our midst?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Okay, I know Bob has mentioned reading comics, and I tried getting Debi hooked, but is there anyone else who reads comic books?

I've read them nearly since I could read (Archie, Richie Rich, Casper, Sad Sack), but once I discovered super heroes my love of the medium really bloomed. I began seriously collecting in the mid-70s and haven't stopped since, although the number of comics that I buy each month has greatly diminished over the years.

At my peak I was probably collecting close to 100 different titles each month, but today that's down to less than 25. I still buy a few from Marvel and DC, but the bulk of what I collect is published by Image or one of the other smaller publishers.

Reactions: Shadow and Debi
I loved the Warren horror magazines, and Heavy Metal too. Some of the Warren catalog can be found in digital format, for anyone interested: https://archive.org/details/warrenpublishing

I have a lot of Savage Sword issues, too, mostly from before Roy Thomas stopped writing it. He did a great job of adapting Robert E. Howard's stories to the comic format. Dark Horse has been releasing collections of those old stories for a few years now.