Any herbalists/botany enthusiasts?

Indigo

Resident Heyoka
Reaction score
Anyone on the board a hobby herbalist? I have been working with essential oils and making my own cosmetics & toiletries for a while now. I also enjoy making custom tea blends.

Reactions: Topaz and Debi
:D Yup! There are a few of us out here! I was at one point certified in aromatherapy and essential oils, and also used to grow organic herbs to sell. Had a huge herbal garden! Can't do it now, for physical reasons. As a wiccan, I use a lot of herbs on a regular basis. I know Nekki is into it, too! Many of us also prefer the use of natural remedies, rather than big pharma fixes.

Reactions: Indigo
I have gotten books on natural medicines using herbs and botanicals, but have not had a chance to read up on them yet. I do know that raw honey makes a good topical antibiotic....so...if I ever go camping and scratch myself, I'm all set! :p

Reactions: Indigo and Debi
I have gotten books on natural medicines using herbs and botanicals, but have not had a chance to read up on them yet. I do know that raw honey makes a good topical antibiotic....so...if I ever go camping and scratch myself, I'm all set! :p
It's also delicious! I'm allergic to bees but find them super fascinating & have been playing around with the idea of 'renting bees' - don't think I can do it where we are currently, but definitely something I'd like to do in the future. Honeycomb is awesome stuff, if you eat raw local honey it helps with seasonal allergies & I can totally say it worked for me, big difference. Also I'd love to have my own beeswax. :)

Reactions: Naked Apple
:D Yup! There are a few of us out here! I was at one point certified in aromatherapy and essential oils, and also used to grow organic herbs to sell. Had a huge herbal garden! Can't do it now, for physical reasons. As a wiccan, I use a lot of herbs on a regular basis. I know Nekki is into it, too! Many of us also prefer the use of natural remedies, rather than big pharma fixes.
I find I respond better to herbal remedies than complex synthetics 99% of the time. Actually, a lot of typical Rx drugs I seem to have reactions to. Selling herbs - my ideal job. Awesome that you got to do it!

Reactions: Debi
Yes, I am. I'm into herbs, but grow less and less lately due to the wildlife around here. They eat everything and wouldn't think of hurting any of them since I'm an animal lover! I'm also into crystals, Reiki, and Tarot. That's all another topic, I guess, but I threw it in if that's ok. :)

Yes, I am. I'm into herbs, but grow less and less lately due to the wildlife around here. They eat everything and wouldn't think of hurting any of them since I'm an animal lover! I'm also into crystals, Reiki, and Tarot. That's all another topic, I guess, but I threw it in if that's ok. :)
Throw it all in, Topaz! I know Indigo and I would love to hear about it. I do Tarot and crystals as well. Share away! :)

Reactions: Indigo and Topaz
Throw anything in at any time. I'm a crystal and tarot enthusiast myself as well. ;) I haven't grown anything this year either. Typically at very least I grow sage but I got quite the supply of that 2 years ago. The weather where I live has not been conducive to growing. It's been frosting over in the summer for 2 years in a row. :eek: The cats aren't too good about letting me grow anything indoors. I was having success growing some basic herbs in my window at work. Then we got fungus gnats! So what I get to make my teas and use for my botanical products has to be bought. But I'm very much into herbs and ethnobotany all the same. :p

Welcome, Topaz! We discuss a lot of the metaphysical around here. Feel free to look up old threads and add some new perspectives to them!

Reactions: Debi