Another N.C. UFO...and it's big

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
ufo-photo.png

Javion Hill says he took this photo on U.S. 74 southwest of Charlotte on Aug. 18. Javion Hill

A mysterious square aircraft hovering in night sky ‘scared me to death,’ NC man says

September 03, 2018 09:33 AM

Updated 3 hours 10 minutes ago

Another alleged UFO sighting near Charlotte has appeared on Facebook and in this case, it was posted by a husband and father who says he doesn’t necessarily believe in UFOs.

Javion Hill, 35, of Kings Mountain, North Carolina, says he took several photos of the object during a storm on the night of Aug. 18, as he drove on U.S. 74 southwest of Charlotte.

The images feature something square hovering above the treeline, with its edges fringed in lights. Hill told the Charlotte Observer the craft frightened him to the point that he didn’t sleep that night.

“I was on my way home with my wife on the speaker phone, and it looked like there was a tornado coming, so I was trying to take a picture of the clouds for my wife,” says Hill.

Full story at site with more pics

That looks like an illuminated smart phone resting screen side down on a dark surface.

A viral image of an alleged UFO seen near Charlotte, North Carolina is being questioned by skeptics who say that it is probably just the reflection of a cell phone. The eerie photograph, taken by Javion Hill, sparked something of a buzz in UFO research circles after being picked up by the Charlotte Observer and it was theorized that the potential craft could be some kind of military test vehicle.

However, skeptical observers online have put forward a compelling argument that the 'UFO' actually had a more terrestrial explanation. Specifically, fastidious UFO researcher Scott Brando was able to unearth Hill's additional images of the purported craft which showed the anomaly in nearly the exact same position in the frame of the photo despite being taken at different locations. As such, he posits that the object was something inside the car which was being reflected on the inside of the window.

As to what could have created the spooky glow seen in the photos, it has been suggested that the illumination came from an edge lighting function found on Galaxy cell phones, which would also explain the square shape of the 'UFO.' Whether Hill was aware that the 'flying saucer' in his photographs was, in fact, really a cell phone is a matter of conjecture as is the question of how the photos were taken if the device had been sitting on the dashboard of his car and not being used.

Regardless, after declaring that the experience had left him unable to sleep, perhaps he'll now rest easier knowing that he probably did not bear witness to an alien craft or clandestine military project

Doubts Raised About Charlotte UFO - Coast to Coast AM

A viral image of an alleged UFO seen near Charlotte, North Carolina is being questioned by skeptics who say that it is probably just the reflection of a cell phone. The eerie photograph, taken by Javion Hill, sparked something of a buzz in UFO research circles after being picked up by the Charlotte Observer and it was theorized that the potential craft could be some kind of military test vehicle.

However, skeptical observers online have put forward a compelling argument that the 'UFO' actually had a more terrestrial explanation. Specifically, fastidious UFO researcher Scott Brando was able to unearth Hill's additional images of the purported craft which showed the anomaly in nearly the exact same position in the frame of the photo despite being taken at different locations. As such, he posits that the object was something inside the car which was being reflected on the inside of the window.

As to what could have created the spooky glow seen in the photos, it has been suggested that the illumination came from an edge lighting function found on Galaxy cell phones, which would also explain the square shape of the 'UFO.' Whether Hill was aware that the 'flying saucer' in his photographs was, in fact, really a cell phone is a matter of conjecture as is the question of how the photos were taken if the device had been sitting on the dashboard of his car and not being used.

Regardless, after declaring that the experience had left him unable to sleep, perhaps he'll now rest easier knowing that he probably did not bear witness to an alien craft or clandestine military project

Doubts Raised About Charlotte UFO - Coast to Coast AM

You heard it here first.....

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi