Anomalous Photo

AntiquusDierum

Reaction score
Naturally there is a story behind the experience of capturing this photo but for now I will let it speak for itself. For the record, the manifestation in this image is not of smoke, fog, vapor, photoshop, etc...it is very much authentic. Thanks and I welcome your thoughts and interpretations.

Attachments

• downloadfile-17.jpeg
    downloadfile-17.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 776
Naturally there is a story behind the experience of capturing this photo but for now I will let it speak for itself. For the record, the manifestation in this image is not of smoke, fog, vapor, photoshop, etc...it is very much authentic. Thanks and I welcome your thoughts and interpretations.
OK...THAT is just frightening.......

Very interesting it almost reminds me of what you'd see in a Voodoo ritual. Where they call on the ancestors to join them and look for faces in the smoke of a fire. But since it's stated its not smoke, possibly ectoplasm from a manifestation that is not complete?

Any chance of getting the story?

Well, Gerry Warner may be on to something here as well, Hope. I like to give people an open mind on these things as some people "attract" phenomena like beacons. I'm open to the reality of these being real. I also take a skeptical approach on all pictures these days due to photo shop and such, but I can't close the door on all of those out there. I've seen things myself, so I have to allow for the possibility that somethings can be caught on film or digital.

Thank you everyone for your replies as I do appreciate your time in doing so. I will elaborate relatively briefly of my story to keep matters in context and provide as much information as seems relevant to answer questions which may arise.

Incidentally, I smiled when I read, "this guy, Gerry Warner" and being spoken of in the third person because I am that guy. The photos and my experiences are quite true though I have never set out to prove such realities to others. Those with the eyes to see, sufficient self awareness, and an astute intuition will know with certainty of the validity for which I speak. It is one thing to see this phenomena in photos but it is a different matter altogether to come face to face with it. Intimacy with the Otherness of existence changes you irrevocably as I am sure many here can attest who have had similar experiences.

That said, here is my story: (and a few more photos)

Wile I am not an expert, I am also not a novice when it comes to metaphysical, mystical, or spiritual terrain as I have studied such things most of my adult life. However, I never expected to go from a spectator to a participant to this degree.

The phenomena has been manifesting in my presence, (regardless of my geographical location), since July of 2011. However, it was precipitated by one singular experience in October of 2010 at what has become known as a hotbed of otherworldly activity at James Gilliland's ECETI Ranch in Trout Lake Washington (www.eceti.org) for which many here are familiar. It was there that I captured the 'feline'-looking photo initially posted in this thread and the crew at ECETI had indicated it was most likely a Nature Spirit. Anyway, ast forward to July of 2011 and the phenomena escalated dramatically and continues to this present day.

I have surmised the manifestations in the photos may be anything from Nature Spirits/Elementals, (the Air Elementals called "Sylphs" to be precise), to Ancestral Spirits, to Guides/Guardians, Angels/Demons, Djinn, to psychokinetic projections, or even manifestations of myself in past, future, or parallel lives, timelines, or dimensions.

Fanciful speculations aside, they could be nothing more than a very subtle species or organism in the natural world that has yet to be fully recognized or researched....anything is possible and I do not hold to any fixed opinion or theory until or unless more concrete insight reveals itself.

As to their identity if that could be ascribed to them, I have not taken any possibility off the table including the notion that they could very well be forces from a nether existence toying with me and I have just been lulled into a false sense of security. But if they did intend me any kind of ill will, I think I would know it by now. I do not think they are hostile or malevolent as I have not experienced the tell-tale signs and aberrations in my life that are typically consistent with negative or parasitic entities.

I have used at least three separate models of digital cameras with the exact same results. As to the authenticity of the photographs, I have Will Pender from effedupstories.com to thank for the following observation he characterized of the photographs. "It is relevant to point out that whenphotos are taken at night, most cameras automatically increase the ISO setting. The higher the ISO setting, the more sensitive to light the photos will be. In order for the camera to take in enough light on a lower shutter speed, the ISO setting is set higher. This also increases noise or grain in the photo. The reason this is significant is that in the photos you can see that the ISO noise is consistent throughout the photograph, as in, it is seen both on the background of the image as well as the phenomena itself. This indicates that the manifestations have been captured in the photo rather than added in afterwards via graphic editing software."

Many may understandably regard the photos as paranormal though in some ways I lament the degeneration of what that word has become in popular culture and commercial exploitation. Consequently, I do not regard myself as a "ghost hunter" and regard such terminology to be pejorative. That said, I remain convinced that the reality of what is at work in the photos is something significantly more complex and altogether different than characterized by conventional paranormal references. And my sense is that it's something very personal.

On a few rare occasions I have taken individuals to accompany me to witness for themselves and without exception, none walked away disappointed...while a couple people left the experience a bit disturbed. However, I do not make it a practice to take people along because it is a matter of integrity to me to honor the phenomena without turning it into some kind of sideshow. My approach has always been with considerable respect, humility, and gratitude and I cannot imagine these consciousnesses, (which is truly my conviction at the very least as to what they may be), sharing space with those who who possess ulterior motives or negative intentions.

In the beginning I thought the manifestations were attached to me or tending my way, but have since come to the conviction that this kind of phenomena must be ubiquitous and its just a matter of tuning into their frequency much like a radio. I agree with others who have researched such things more rigorously that the substance within the photos is most likely plasma-based considering 99% of the observable universe is composed of this fourth state of matter. But plasma seems to be only a vehicle utilized for whatever consciousnesses these may be as their true essence, purpose, and meaning remains a mystery to me.

Assuming some kind of interdimensional door has been opened, I think at any given moment, anything could be coming through, both positive and even negative. I am keenly aware of the pareidolia factor and so I guard my objectivity as much as possible while trying not to look for "faces in the clouds." However, there is very evident structure, form, geometry, and even facial features in the photos that are clearly inconsistent from smoke, fog, or similar substances. There tends to be a membrane-like, stringy-gooey-liquid, almost gossamer element to the manifestations as well as many of them demonstrating dense plasma concentrations or asymmetrical energetic emanations, tendrils, and projections. There is also often a distinct edge from the manifestation itself and the background which smoke, fog, etc would never do.

I do not consider myself mediumistic, but whatever may be at work, there seems to be a psychical element to it while a relationship of sorts has clearly been established between they and I. There is no doubt they are as aware of me as I am of them. Oddly enough though, I have had no overt communication with them save that some may have come through in a forgotten dream state, altered state of consciousness, etc.

That said, I have noticed patterns when I am in a state of joy, happiness, etc, they manifest with more frequency, complexity, and intensity...also in size. Often they appear not only in my direct field of vision, but when I have randomly taken shots behind me without even looking, they are present. I have captured the photos in all weather conditions though when it is windy, they don't show up perhaps due to their fragile and wispy composition. However, in what would be otherwise optimal conditions, if I am mentally preoccupied, distracted, or just in a negative mood, they are less likely, if at all, to manifest. As far as I can tell, this may be consistent to a degree with quantum physics, namely, the laws of intention and that the observer affects the observed reality.

In order to know when to take the photo, I can see them with the naked eye as they pass through the focus light of my cameras as is shines while I keep the focus button held down....you can also see them on the camera screen as they pass. Other than my camera, I do not use any technical equipment because I am convinced that as the answers are revealed, they will do so more organically and overtly. The mechanisms of photography or video in order to capture the manifestations means nothing to me...my motives of interest are purely the 'what, who, how, and why.'

I have captured the photos in over a dozen different locations between western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio. However, I deliberately avoid "haunted" places, cemeteries, etc. as I have no interest in such areas nor do I possess the qualifications to handle other, perhaps dangerous, phenomena which may be stirred up. All of the locations I have gone to have been quite benign as far as concentrations of anomalous activity is concerned.

At this stage I will continue taking the photos and hopefully answers will emerge. However, even if they do not, I am content to simply appreciate and embrace them at face value for their own sake. In the most fundamental terms when it comes to an explanation of the experiences, I think John Keel had the last word when he said in the Mothman Prophecies, and to paraphrase, "You noticed Them, and They noticed that you noticed Them." The entire matter could very well be that simple.

Hope this sheds some light for those interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9857.JPG
    IMG_9857.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_5146.JPG
    IMG_5146.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 415
Reactions: Seahunter
More Liminals

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_2693.JPG
    IMG_2693.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_3667.JPG
    IMG_3667.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 526
Reactions: Debi
Thank you for elaborating, Gerry. And thank you for taking the time to post. I am very interested in studying this a bit more. I honor your experience as valid, and will spend a bit more time exploring it all tomorrow! I find it all quite fascinating!