Anomalies found in Space/time

I got three quarters of the way through this article and discovered I really didn't understand most of what they were saying. It is too deep for me. If anyone gets Dark matter can you dumb this down for me? Why can't we capture some?

I got three quarters of the way through this article and discovered I really didn't understand most of what they were saying. It is too deep for me. If anyone gets Dark matter can you dumb this down for me? Why can't we capture some?

"Dark matter" is just a theory. No one has ever detected any of it. It has been proposed as an explanation for certain observations about gravity and the behavior of galaxies that could not be explained.

Basically, some scientists decided there was "too much gravity" in the universe in relation to the amount of visible mass so they dreamed up this idea that there must be a lot of invisible mass out there creating this excess gravity and they call this "dark matter."

Personally, I don't think dark matter exists. I think they just have too little understanding of gravity and too great an understanding of government research grants. :cool:

"Dark matter" is just a theory. No one has ever detected any of it. It has been proposed as an explanation for certain observations about gravity and the behavior of galaxies that could not be explained.

Basically, some scientists decided there was "too much gravity" in the universe in relation to the amount of visible mass so they dreamed up this idea that there must be a lot of invisible mass out there creating this excess gravity and they call this "dark matter."

Personally, I don't think dark matter exists. I think they just have too little understanding of gravity and too great an understanding of government research grants. :cool:
Boom! it was just that easy, Thank You Crux. I get it now.