Animals and messages

I have learned the meaning of family from my dogs,they might have the odd punch-up between themselves,but stand shoulder to shoulder against the world if need be.I've never seen that bond within humans.

My 4 cats (one deceased) have shown me how to love completely and wholly. I absolutely adore them and love them more than most people I know, lol. They have changed my life for the better. I am not as selfish or self-centered.

I would LOVE to get a message of some kind from my deceased cat. I lost him almost nine years ago and I STILL miss him terribly. The pain never goes away. I don't think time heals, etc. You just have to go on.

A couple of times, after I lost him, I thought I saw him. Just a shadow, it was quick, just a blink of an eye. But I hoped with all my heart that it was him. I' m not a religious person and I would class myself as a sceptic when it comes to ghosts, etc. But if I knew that I could see or feel him around me I would be beyond happy.

As I said I am not religious but IF there are angels I think they would be animals.not people. Their is a love, energy and loyalty (just look at the love & loyalty dogs give) that animals give that is much deeper than that of humans.

When I die, if there is another realm, dimension, place we go to, the first being I want see is my baby boy.

Reactions: ozentity
My 4 cats (one deceased) have shown me how to love completely and wholly. I absolutely adore them and love them more than most people I know, lol. They have changed my life for the better. I am not as selfish or self-centered.

I would LOVE to get a message of some kind from my deceased cat. I lost him almost nine years ago and I STILL miss him terribly. The pain never goes away. I don't think time heals, etc. You just have to go on.

A couple of times, after I lost him, I thought I saw him. Just a shadow, it was quick, just a blink of an eye. But I hoped with all my heart that it was him. I' m not a religious person and I would class myself as a sceptic when it comes to ghosts, etc. But if I knew that I could see or feel him around me I would be beyond happy.

As I said I am not religious but IF there are angels I think they would be animals.not people. Their is a love, energy and loyalty (just look at the love & loyalty dogs give) that animals give that is much deeper than that of humans.

When I die, if there is another realm, dimension, place we go to, the first being I want see is my baby boy.
They say the best place to bury our beloved pets who have passed is in our hearts.Mine is full as have had quite a few over the years.I believe their spirits cross over to a place of pure love just like ours and we will reunite.I have seen pet spirits around just after death but have told them its ok to go and I'll see them soon.Sometimes I feel its not soon enough,but I know I will one day.

Reactions: Debi
I've had pets come back and visit in spirit form. They are there.

I am not religious but IF there are angels I think they would be animals.not people
I've seen what I truly believe to be Angels,at a car crash guiding the victims souls to heaven.You couldn't say they were people,just pure love.I am spiritual but not of any specific religion.I think they may appear in a human like form as to not alarm us.

I've had pets come back and visit in spirit form. They are there.

This gives me hope. Just to see him and hold him again would be amazing. He was my baby. A lot of people don't understand why I love my cats so much. When my boy was sick a neighbour of mine said 'well you still have your kitten'! I was so angry. I said to her that you can't replace one with another. She just didn't get it.

It's so nice when other people get it.
And to the poster who said they hold their fur babies in their heart I totally agree. He is in my heart. I will never forget him.

Thanks for the kind replies.

I've seen what I truly believe to be Angels,at a car crash guiding the victims souls to heaven.You couldn't say they were people,just pure love.I am spiritual but not of any specific religion.I think they may appear in a human like form as to not alarm us.

Wow. That's amazing. And it also gives me hope of seeing loved ones again. I have never experienced something like that.

Do you think some people just have a gift, to see something like you did? Or do you think we all might be able to see other beings, etc? But our scepticism stops us from seeing/experiencing the supernatural?

Wow. That's amazing. And it also gives me hope of seeing loved ones again. I have never experienced something like that.

Do you think some people just have a gift, to see something like you did? Or do you think we all might be able to see other beings, etc? But our scepticism stops us from seeing/experiencing the supernatural?
I never stop being amazed at all this.I think some people are overly sensitive and these things become visible,not really gifted.I do think your right about the scepticism,you must have some to survive on Earth but if you can let it fall away sometimes you become more enlightened.I get why you are not religious,I too have trouble having faith in others writings,but I believe most of these people have good intentions and I do believe we and our loved ones including pets will meet again in what most people call heaven.In a way I think we are all more alike than different.

Reactions: Lynne
I never stop being amazed at all this.I think some people are overly sensitive and these things become visible,not really gifted.I do think your right about the scepticism,you must have some to survive on Earth but if you can let it fall away sometimes you become more enlightened.I get why you are not religious,I too have trouble having faith in others writings,but I believe most of these people have good intentions and I do believe we and our loved ones including pets will meet again in what most people call heaven.In a way I think we are all more alike than different.
Nicely said Oz. I believe they’re spirits are waiting for us too.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
The following story bears on the nature of animal consciousness, and even more interestingly, animal possession by spirits human or otherwise.

Michael Tymn has submitted a very interesting article on the well-documented case of the Elberfeld horses (the ones of "Clever Hans" fame). There is much more mystery to this story than closed-minded materialists would like to admit. The article is on his blog at The Horses that Defied Science | Michael Tymn blog on White Crow Books . Some excerpts from the article:

"As the story goes, in 1900, Wilhelm von Osten of Elberfeld taught his horse, Hans, a Russian stallion, mathematics. He would place skittles, or bowling pins, in front of Hans and count, then ask Hans to strike as many blows with his hoof as there were skittles in front of him. “The results were astonishing,” Dr. Claparède reported. “The horse was capable not only of counting, but also of himself making real calculations, of solving little problems.”
A committee of 24 professors (of whom it later turned out that only 2 actually observed the horse and the owner together) appointed to study Hans reported that the horse merely obeyed visual clues given by von Osten, whether conscious or unconscious. This became known as the “Clever Hans effect,” a term still used by animal trainers today.
In order to investigate, the world famous author and Nobelist Maurice Maeterlinck later visited the horses (there was a change in ownership and the teaching of the same ability to two more horses).

:"Another theory (besides the Clever Hans effect) advanced was that of telepathy; that is, the horse was mind-reading. To test this theory, Maeterlinck took some large cards with numerals on them, shuffled them and placed them in front of the horse without looking at them himself. “Without hesitation and unasked, the horse rapped out correctly the number formed by the cards,” Maeterlinck wrote. “The experiment succeeded, as often as I cared to try it, with all three horses alike.” Since Maeterlinck was the only person present and did not know the numbers, there was no mind present to be read for the answers.

"In one test, Maeterlinck wrote a surd – a number which had no square root – on the blackboard, not realizing that it was a surd. Maeterlinck looked to the horse for a square root. The horse lifted his hoof, paused, looked back at Maeterlinck and shook his head. This little test also opposed both the Clever Hans effect and the telepathy theory."
Note: This performance with the surd fairly well indicates that whatever being was communicating through the horse, whether it was actually the horse or "somebody or something else", it had the mental ability to grasp mathematical abstractions. For that matter, all the calculation tests in general demonstrate that capacity, since counting and arithmetical calculations inherently show the ability to hold mathematical abstractions in mind.

:Concerning the math tests, Maeterlinck wrote that “what strikes one particularly is the facility, the quickness, I was almost saying the joyous carelessness with which the strange mathematician gives the answers. The last figure is hardly chalked on the board before the right hoof is striking off the units, followed immediately by the left hoof marking the tens. There is not a sign of attention or reflection; one is not even aware of the exact moment at which the horse looks at the problem, and the answer seems to spring automatically from an invisible intelligence.

One test ended with asking the horse for the fourth power root of 7,890,481, which questioner himself did not know until after checking the horse's correct answer of 53, which took about six seconds before he began striking out the answer.
"One day, one of the horses stopped in the middle of a lesson by the owner. The horse was asked why and replied, “Because I am tired.” On another occasion he stopped again and explained, “Pain in my leg.”
"(A number of respected scholars and scientists) were reported to have studied the horses, all ruling out fraud and the Clever Hans effect, but not having any answers. In the absence of a scientific explanation, (as a tribute to materialist ideology) the Clever Hans effect has still gone down in recorded history as the probable explanation.

If not the Clever Hans effect, if not some other type of fraud, if not telepathy, if not true intelligence on the part of the horses, then what other explanation is there? Maeterlinck considered the possibility that the horses were mediums, much like human mediums, through which some higher power was working. As to why it was necessary to teach the horses in the first place, he opined that it would be like asking an automatic writing medium to do her thing without knowing how to write. “Unconscious cerebration, however wonderful, can only take effect upon elements already acquired in some way or another,” he explained. “The subconscious cerebration of a man blind from birth will not make him see colors.”"

Last edited: