Animal Superbowl predictions!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As has become a tradition in the week before the Super Bowl, a veritable menagerie of animals at zoos and aquariums across the country have been enlisted to predict the winner of the big game. Although in the past their collective forecasts have largely been split down the middle, a look at the various prognostications issued so far this year seems to indicate something of a favorite in the showdown between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs.

By a rather overwhelming margin, it appears that the animal kingdom has thrown their lot behind San Francisco to win the game on Sunday. Among the creatures weighing in with this prediction are Harry and Lloyd, a pair of donkeys at the Maryland Zoo, Travis the rhino from the Fort Worth Zoo in Texas, Rasal the seal at the Maritime Aquarium in Connecticut, and Ozzy the grizzly bear Zoo Montana. The 49ers also received support from 'celebrity' animals April the giraffe and Fiona the hippo.

On the contrary, creatures predicting a win for the Chiefs are rather scant at best. So far, only Nick the dolphin from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium in Florida, Davy Jones, a giant Pacific octopus from the Newport Aquarium in Ohio, and Lele the giant panda from the Memphis Zoo have indicated that Kansas City will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the conclusion of the Super Bowl.

Chiefs fans need not despair as there is still quite some time until the big game kicks off on Sunday and a bevy of local news stations throughout America that have yet to dispatch reporters to area zoos for predictions from their star attractions. As such, there's a chance that Kansas City could make a proverbial fourth-quarter comeback in the prognostication race. With that in mind, who is your pick to win the Super Bowl?

Animal Kingdom Predicts the Super Bowl - Coast to Coast AM

I wouldn't discount these animal predictions. It reminds me of that octopus in the German aquarium a few years back who had an uncanny prediction rate for the World Cup, including Germany's ultimate loss. I forget the numbers, but they were impressive.

But despite what looks bad for Kansas City... Go Chiefs!

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi