And now it begins...For better or worse?

Well, from someone who was a real life hippie, (love beads, peace signs, communes et al), I believe that when used as a medicinal, it has true value. My state will probably never make it legal in any capacity, but it truly is, imo, the same as alcohol.

Now, you talk about LSD, Angel Dust, meth, etc...you are talking massive danger of OD's. I do not support legalizing them. So far I've not met anyone using pot overdosing, if we don't count the accidental ingestion by dogs, pets, kids. Pot mostly contributes to the brownie and munchie shortage and falling asleep. ;)

Sadly pot mainly gives me a headache. I don't know if through the years my body now rejects it, maybe. I have done electrical work at a local dispensary/growing facility and never leave without a headache. Smells wonderful upon walking up to and inside though :)

I am not a user but I believe in freedom as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s freedoms. When that happens sometimes there needs to be compromises. I think movement towards letting people make up their own mind about this drug is ok. Moderation and good sense as with anything is the key. I think locking people up for minor amounts for personal use in the past was a waste of resources and ruined lives.

279126569_5305209452872533_4493087212476822057_n.jpg

I don't seem to have the receptors in my brain for enjoying pot. In my earliest experiences with it, it engendered a horrific anxiety attack. At best I feel as if I am coming down with something if I use it. My doctor suggested it for pain, but I didn't find that it helped at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Selectric and Debi
I've been living in Colorado for a couple of decades so I was here when they legalized it. It's not my thing but I heard from others that legalization made it more expensive due to regulations. The State wants to tax it but that means it needs to strictly monitor it and anyone growing it. If you have a big industrial sized greenhouse or a plant or two in your house you are fine, anything in-between and you run into issues.