And I miss....

I guess this is going to sound strange, because I miss the simplicity of being a kid to a certain degree, but also I miss the structure and time table. The structure because you had certain things you had to do, and just did what you knew you had to do. Go to school, do chores, do your homework, etc. The time table, meaning when you are young, everything seems possible because you are young you think there will always be time to do it. Everything of importance was in the future, and it seemed like there would always be a future. High school, that's way off... College, that's for old people, that's way off too. Work, that's for even older people, that's way, way off. Then you get older and learn time is short and finite and you never have enough of it. I miss thinking there would always be time for stuff.

I guess this is going to sound strange, because I miss the simplicity of being a kid to a certain degree, but also I miss the structure and time table. The structure because you had certain things you had to do, and just did what you knew you had to do. Go to school, do chores, do your homework, etc. The time table, meaning when you are young, everything seems possible because you are young you think there will always be time to do it. Everything of importance was in the future, and it seemed like there would always be a future. High school, that's way off... College, that's for old people, that's way off too. Work, that's for even older people, that's way, way off. Then you get older and learn time is short and finite and you never have enough of it. I miss thinking there would always be time for stuff.
Very true Sea. I’m with ya on finding there is more time behind than ahead. It’s unnerving at times. Getting older is not for the faint of heart lol.

One of the reasons I never fit in at high school. I never went to the parochial grade schools the kids from high school went to so I was an outsider was reason number one. Number two was most of them were kids of rich people, so they were all a bunch of stuck-up, spoiled brats that were too good for commoners.
My school was also full of rich kids so a lot of them also felt like they were superior to everyone else. But also the people in my year were just horrible by nature. Very two-faced, very vindictive and just a horrible crowd, a lot worse than the common high school average of this type of student. But I keep tabs on everyone and most of them have gone down hill in their lives before they turned 24 and they went down HARD lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seahunter
That’s the reason I’m not going to my high school reunion :D
I actually can't wait to go to mine. In high school I was basically like an outcast, did poorly at school and to them it would seem I would amount to nothing. As far as I can gather, most have reached a dead end in their lives straight out of university, and some of them's lives are already falling apart or not going as they had hoped it would. Whereas it appears I have higher qualifications than 99% of them in general, established a successful career for myself with more prosperity on the way in a career field that even the straight A students would fail miserably at. So I can't wait to rub their noses in it :D.

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
I actually can't wait to go to mine. In high school I was basically like an outcast, did poorly at school and to them it would seem I would amount to nothing. As far as I can gather, most have reached a dead end in their lives straight out of university, and some of them's lives are already falling apart or not going as they had hoped it would. Whereas it appears I have higher qualifications than 99% of them in general, established a successful career for myself with more prosperity on the way in a career field that even the straight A students would fail miserably at. So I can't wait to rub their noses in it :D.
Karma...

I wanna do that. But at the same time I want to make sure I have something to show for my aspirations in 5 years.

The time table, meaning when you are young, everything seems possible because you are young you think there will always be time to do it. Everything of importance was in the future, and it seemed like there would always be a future. High school, that's way off... College, that's for old people, that's way off too. Work, that's for even older people, that's way, way off. Then you get older and learn time is short and finite and you never have enough of it. I miss thinking there would always be time for stuff.

I think of time constantly -- how much I use and how much I waste. Just last week, I noticed the thyme in my pantry was almost all used up and I had another one of my superstitious moments! Time's up.

And yet once upon a time, when my friends and I were schoolchildren, summer was everlasting. Life was an adventure and I could hardly wait to see what was around the next corner. I didn't worry about failure. There was so much of life ahead of me (or so I thought) to 'get it right' before it's all over.