And I miss....

Maybe if we turn off the news and isolate ourselves. But that has its own consequences. All we can do is protect the innocence of the children in our lives. I guess the closest thing to getting it back is preserving it for others.
I think that is what many people are ready to do. I find myself closing down lately just looking at the news. So! I've decided that here we're keeping it a safe place to love and find the positive. One little safe spot in the world!

And where we can be kids if we wanna...lol (Pass the icecream...)

I think that is what many people are ready to do. I find myself closing down lately just looking at the news. So! I've decided that here we're keeping it a safe place to love and find the positive. One little safe spot in the world!

I’ll have enough cotton candy icecream to share next time!

Idk if you were in chat the night I shared about this ice cream. If you like lucky charms marshmallows you should look for this at Walmart
F01A33CD-887E-40F7-B251-2A230C281EA1.jpeg

Maybe if we turn off the news and isolate ourselves. But that has its own consequences. All we can do is protect the innocence of the children in our lives. I guess the closest thing to getting it back is preserving it for others.
Well said

So! I've decided that here we're keeping it a safe place to love and find the positive. One little safe spot in the world!

A place to stay forever young.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
There's a lot I miss:

- Waking up anxious to go play outside (this was before I got a computer and it wasn't the cellphone era yet lol)
- Going to the coast and the Kruger Park with the family
- When my dad was still alive and being able to spend time with him
- Near the end of the year at prep school when there was no sports, no school work or anything. An entire week of just going from one class to another and being allowed to mess around.
- Also in prep school when my day ended at 13:20.
- The days when my biggest worry was whether to play inside or outside
- The days before I realized what a [censored] bunch of people I was at school with.

I'm sure as I give it more thought I can add a lot more to this list

The days before I realized what a [censored] bunch of people I was at school with.
One of the reasons I never fit in at high school. I never went to the parochial grade schools the kids from high school went to so I was an outsider was reason number one. Number two was most of them were kids of rich people, so they were all a bunch of stuck-up, spoiled brats that were too good for commoners.

Last edited:
I miss that wonderful, glorious feeling of waking up in the morning knowing I'm not the one in charge. All my needs will be met and at the end of the day, someone will still love me and tuck me into bed and read me a good book
I didn't miss this, I mean, I MISSED this as in it didn't happen! :confused:o_O