And I miss....

I miss that wonderful, glorious feeling of waking up in the morning knowing I'm not the one in charge. All my needs will be met and at the end of the day, someone will still love me and tuck me into bed and read me a good book. :)

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I grew up in the 60-70s. It was a time of freedom and much more inocence for children. We rode bikes till dark, built forts in the woods, swam in the lake etc... we didn’t come indoors until dark. In the winter we ice skated, built snow houses and played cards! TV had 3 Chanel’s that came in good and two you needed rabbit ears to get in. (That’s an antenna for you millenials). Now kids grow up with the fear of each other and live in a virtual world of technology. I guess I’m glad I got to be a kid. Our children are missing that and I think we will pay a price as a society.

I miss the carefree inocence of youth but I’ve managed to hold onto the things I love most...my child friends and books.

Yeah, the books. Long time ago, Lynne said somethings about my childhood. It kind of looks the same. And railroad tracks.​

Reactions: Lynne
One day a horse got loose. This was in a residential neighborhood. Bordering on and agricultural neighborhood.ll
Somebody called the cops. He , the cop, was a moron. The cop say I'm takingl horse into custody" And we all laughed at the cop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Innocence. That's what we are all missing. That feeling of safety and innocence. I think we've lost that in an era gone past now. :( My question is, can we ever get it back?

Innocence. That's what we are all missing. That feeling of safety and innocence. I think we've lost that in an era gone past now. :( My question is, can we ever get it back?
Maybe if we turn off the news and isolate ourselves. But that has its own consequences. All we can do is protect the innocence of the children in our lives. I guess the closest thing to getting it back is preserving it for others.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter