And I didn't like....

Star Trek the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine both ended up being much much better than what they were when they started, so maybe that accounts for the dislike some people have. I know I quit Next Generation after about two episodes and had to be talked into watching it again years later and was really surprised. I do still harbour a grudge against Deep Space Nine though, as the producers stole the thing from the pitch for Babylon Five. They rejected B5, then rushed into production with a Star Trek version they could own and control and got it out first, damaging Babylon Five, which was a classic show! DS9 itself was still good if I can get past that. I suppose now there are two rather than one.
That other Star Trek with Columbo's wife in it was also awful to start with but got way better.

Totally agree on Friends and Seinfeld. I actually liked Friends when it started but then it was just the same jokes over and over so I gave up by the end of season 1. Then it kept going and going and going and going and actually getting worse. Now I can't believe I ever liked it and even the song annoys me.
Some people say that Seinfeld was groundbreaking but hasn't aged well, so that it's not funny anymore. I never ever thought it was funny! Has anyone else ever tried watching clips from it with the laugh track removed? It's deeply odd and uncomfortable.

Other things:
The Big Bang Theory! I'd rather watch an episode each of Friends and Seinfeld than that one!
The X Factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
I haven't watched TV for decades and only came across a fraction of those TV shows mentioned on VHS, DVD and latterly streaming. Not much keeps my interest when it comes to TV shows I'd rather watch documentaries but one show a friend had streaming back to back whenever I was visiting his place was Big Bang Theory, sorry Debi :)

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Paint and Oz, you both have hurt Mr. Eddie's Father deeply.

I can't choose - there are a lot of TV series which I don't like. I'm going with something more contemporary - Love it or List It on HGTV. Way too much faked drama for me. Drives my blood pressure up!!!

Paint and Oz, you both have hurt Mr. Eddie's Father deeply.

I can't choose - there are a lot of TV series which I don't like. I'm going with something more contemporary - Love it or List It on HGTV. Way too much faked drama for me. Drives my blood pressure up!!!
uuuhhhgggg...any reality tv type shows....... I would go a step further and list entire channels....lol

zzzzhgtv.png

Now you've gone and messed with my reality, Paul. Jad, Lynne and I call that blasphemy...:p
how about a show about a real estate agent house wife, who lives on a 40 acre farm with her sister wives in Charleston and is faced with the task of juggling 2 kids, one daughter in dance class and fashion shows and a son who is a cheerleader, .(cause that is how he identifies), the show is about how she overcomes these obstacles while only being four foot tall.............and maybe the house is haunted