Ancient Puppy Love

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

It might come as surprise to you good folk but I really love dogs, lol. I'm getting the family to scatter my ashes when I pass with my best dog ever, my whippet Shady who I had cremated last year and have her ashes waiting. I know her spirit has passed over but I just want our ashes scattered in the hills we hunted together.

Attachments

• 20180110_124636-1.jpg
    20180110_124636-1.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 41
It might come as surprise to you good folk but I really love dogs, lol. I'm getting the family to scatter my ashes when I pass with my best dog ever, my whippet Shady who I had cremated last year and have her ashes waiting. I know her spirit has passed over but I just want our ashes scattered in the hills we hunted together.
What a truly loving soul you are, Oz. I'm honored to know you.

What a truly loving soul you are, Oz. I'm honored to know you.
Gee, thank you Debi, I don't know if I deserve that :tearsofjoy: . I know hunting doesn't appeal to some but the bond I have with the dogs is deep within, as old as time itself it seems, it's in my soul. I'm honored you have me here. You and the crew are like family to me. I don't deal with people generally very well but this site has given me so much more faith that humans are sometimes beautiful beings.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi and Selectric
She is a beauty; they do take our hearts with them. We don't deserve dogs they are a true gift from God. When I see them thrown away, it breaks my heart because I know their great capacity for love and attachment.

I don't deal with people generally very well

the bond I have with the dogs is deep within
Dealing with people every single day i get it, Oz. People can stick you in the back where a dog is there with you, through it all. They are extremely loyal to their owner...though owner really should be father, mother or even at the least, friend. I do not have a dog of my own for certain reasons, but i have established bonds with every pet my family or friends have. Once i retire and have more time, i will have a dog.

Dealing with people every single day i get it, Oz. People can stick you in the back where a dog is there with you, through it all. They are extremely loyal to their owner...though owner really should be father, mother or even at the least, friend. I do not have a dog of my own for certain reasons, but i have established bonds with every pet my family or friends have. Once i retire and have more time, i will have a dog.
Earlier this week, our daughter had to have their 15 year old dog put down. Sad for everyone, but particularly interesting talking to my granddaughter about his death.

She asked me if he'd gone to Heaven. This resulted in a very deep (for a 9 year old) discussion about death and the afterlife. My final answer to her was we don't know if dogs/pets go to Heaven, but I hope so. To me a Heaven without our pets would be lacking.

When I see them thrown away, it breaks my heart because I know their great capacity for love and attachment.
I think they are above us in loyalty and devotion. One I read about was dumped on a highway, he stayed where he was dumped for years waiting for his heartless owner. People fed him and one took him home but he returned to the highway spot, waiting in vain. We could only dream of that kind of love :cry:.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I think they are above us in loyalty and devotion. One I read about was dumped on a highway, he stayed where he was dumped for years waiting for his heartless owner. People fed him and one took him home but he returned to the highway spot, waiting in vain. We could only dream of that kind of love :cry:.
Those kind of stories break my heart. I have to avoid watching those kind of vids on youtube because they actually make me cry.