Ancient maps

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Ancient maps

There are a lot of maps that have turned up that have information that was not generally thought to be available at the apparent time that the maps were made. The most talked-about one the Buache Map was published in 1737. The problem with it is that it has the continent of Antarctica pictured as it WOULD look if there was no ice on it. There is no obvious way that in 1737 he could have known or found the information that wasn’t perhaps again discovered 250 years later.

This isn’t the only maps with anomalous information. At some point, you have to try and decide where this information comes from. There is the side that proposes that at some point in the past this information was given to someone by Aliens. Naturally Ancient Alien Theorists say YES.

Then there are the possibilities offered that at one time long ago mankind rose to high levels of civilization only to fall or be wiped out by some disaster and be forgotten except in oral traditions that you will find in the root part of most religions and cultures.

A third possibility has to do with postcognition. There are stories of people that have had, for lack of a better description, visions not of the future but of the past. Knowledge from the past is no more or less likely or amazing than somehow gathering knowledge of the future. Psychometry is the gift and ability to touch something and pick up “memories” that are impressed on and a part of the item touched.

I guess a fourth idea is that it is all just coincidence, and/or all the maps are fraudulent. The problem is that most of the maps are old and they can be proven to not be modern fabrications.

What do you think?

The Buache Map: A Controversial Map That Shows Antarctica Without Ice

9 Extremely Ancient Maps That Should Not Exist | Ancient Code

If the claim that Bauche's map “accurately depicts the subglacial topography” of Antarctica is true and if that claim was made in 1966, then how at that time did we know the dimensions of the subglacial topography of Antarctica? Wasn't it covered in ice? Or had they sufficiently mapped it all out using some sort of ground radar technology and did that even exist in 1966?

I suspect that if these maps were copies of older maps, then they would have been held in the library of Alexandrea in Egypt which was vandalised and burned at least four times according to historians. Maybe this was the buried library in Egypt that everyone hopes to discover, but is actually now empty.
I suspect it was the serapeum, as it has all the hallmarks of a depository of knowledge, but it now has the title of the temple to the apis bull - because they found one badly embalmed bull on a back shelf when they discovered it. Personally I think that is....bull.

I think people have been sailing the oceans long before we considered it possible. I lean into the theory that man made the maps.

I think people have been sailing the oceans long before we considered it possible. I lean into the theory that man made the maps.

Me too.

Reactions: Lynne
If the claim that Bauche's map “accurately depicts the subglacial topography” of Antarctica is true and if that claim was made in 1966, then how at that time did we know the dimensions of the subglacial topography of Antarctica? Wasn't it covered in ice? Or had they sufficiently mapped it all out using some sort of ground radar technology and did that even exist in 1966?

I thought that I posted an answer to this but it seems to not be here. The method used to determine the shape and location of the landmass was via old school seismograph work. You layout sensors and detonate a pattern of small explosions and the data will tell you what is under the area. They have been doing this for along time.

My Dad was a surveyor on a seismograph crew when I was born in the 50s. I worked at a place that made thumpers that in part replaced the dynamite for generating the pulse that is used. It was a thousand-pound piece of steel that would jump up and down. My wife worked at a cable company that made the cables that you use when laying out the patterned sensor arrays and connected them to the collecting device. they used these to find salt domes and oil deposits in Texas for years. In Texas, before we were mostly put out of the oil business, this was big business and jobs for a lot of people. My family and my wife's family have all worked in the oil industry from finding it all the way through the refinery.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
The thing about those old maps brings to me the question so often asked about so many things that were made in ancient times that don't make sense based on what we think that we know about their available technology. My personal belief is that at one time, or maybe many times, in the past mankind rose to great heights only to be slammed down by any of dozens of possible natural cataclysms.

There are many indications that this planet has regularly been hit by work wide disasters. The layer of iridium at the KT boundary marked the end of the dinosaurs. There is a line of charcoal that is worldwide that indicates that 12 to 15 thousand years ago the world experienced a worldwide conflagration probably from a truly MASSIVE solar flare.

there are also indications that there was some sort of flood with worldwide effects. This could have been the result of an asteroid strike in the deep ocean or possibly a sudden shifting of the crust. The shifting crust would explain the fact that at one time Antarctica was a very warm and wet place with huge forests that left huge coal deposits.

The thing that I realized one day is that mankind seems to have a sort of growth pattern like most living things. We start slow and slowly grow in population and numbers and then suddenly skyrocket to new heights in both population and technological level. In 1920 the world population was 1.8 billion. In 2020 our population is 7.8 billion. In 1920 we were plowing our fields with animals. We were just starting to fly. We were steam power and in the early days of the internal combustion engines. Most people warmed their homes with fire from wood and coal. Medicine was barely above the level of healers and had no antibiotics. One hundred years later we have been to the moon and are talking about going to Mars. Technology has exploded in all possible directions. ONE HUNDRED YEARS!!! How many times could we have done this in one hundred thousand years?

If we were t be wiped out again we would fall all the way back. One of the things about our high technology that very few people actually grasp or could duplicate most of that technology. Most people now don't even know how to feed themselves other than going to a store. We couldn't fall back to animal-powered farming. The animals don't exist in the kinds of numbers we would need. Nobody knows how to make the harnesses. we would fall back to a hand to mouth human-powered level.

Modern man doesn't build with huge stones. We use other far less durable things to build hour cities. Were we to be knocked back in a thousand years there would be far less sign of us than the Egyptians, Romans, and Greek. They were an early part of our line. there are indications of other lines that existed in the far past. the higher levels of those lines left little impression so all we have are hints of their early stages. Over and over man has gone through the stone age in their rise to great heights only to fall and their heights vanish leaving only the works of their early ancestors left to puzzle people next time we rise up and search for answers.

Reactions: Benway
I thought that I posted an answer to this but it seems to not be here. The method used to determine the shape and location of the landmass was via old school seismograph work. You layout sensors and detonate a pattern of small explosions and the data will tell you what is under the area. They have been doing this for along time.
Thank you for that information. I had not been aware that such methods had been used in Antarctica.

I thought The bauche map was just a hypothesis or interpretation, that it has actually never been proven, as the continent really hasn't been accurately mapped, even fully by sattelite which is the only way it has even been truly attempted

Reactions: Ultima Thule
Thank you for that information. I had not been aware that such methods had been used in Antarctica.
Reflective Siesmagraph work has been around since the 1920s. That said I can't find any time that it is mentioned in relation to Antarctica. I had assumed that it was probably done shortly after WW2 in the late 40s and early 50s there was a lot of interest in it by both the American military and various more scientifically aimed groups. I can't find any place where that was stated so I guess we don't have an answer to your question. You know what they say about when people assume. I try hard to be accurate in what I say.