Ancient city on Brink of Collapse

I am fascinated with African ancient history and the great cultures that lived there and still do. Thank you for this article as Yemen is an overlooked source of history in the west . To think flooding will destroy what 1000 years of nature didnt is disturbing. I read once where that part of africa was a jungle at one time, then a series of grassland and forests and aas the thousands of years of people cutting the trees down continued became desert like. I wonder how many cultures have been on earth over the last million years we know nothing about.I walked yesterday near my home and thought that 300 years ago it was First Nation territory with few homes and many cultures living off the land.I found a flint to a musket too nearby where I think a village was. What will be left of america in 300 years. Remote viewing can answer some questions but leaves more than answers IMO

A good Article. I didn’t know anything about these beautiful mud buildings. No structure lasts forever and the fact they’ve lasted 1700 years is amazing. Natural weathering espicially in extreme conditions is going to erode everything.

It was a first for me too, to learn about these buildings! Amazing that mud structures have survived for so long.

Reactions: Walking Goose