Ancient Brits

I really love archeology but I am skeptical about the assumptions the researchers make on a few finds. One preserved body doesn’t give us a big enough window into the past. Pictures painted on caves and ruins reflect that the basic human is what we see today. We may have microevolution due to environment changes but the basic human DNA is what’s being passed on. What point am I missing from this article ?

I really love archeology but I am skeptical about the assumptions the researchers make on a few finds. One preserved body doesn’t give us a big enough window into the past. Pictures painted on caves and ruins reflect that the basic human is what we see today. We may have microevolution due to environment changes but the basic human DNA is what’s being passed on. What point am I missing from this article ?
This one body was well preserved enough for genetic testing and revealed that he had dark skin. It had been thought that the inhabitants of England at that time were white, but it seems not. With the low population and tribal migration, ancient Brits were most likely darker skinned.

Reactions: Lynne
This one body was well preserved enough for genetic testing and revealed that he had dark skin. It had been thought that the inhabitants of England at that time were white, but it seems not. With the low population and tribal migration, ancient Brits were most likely darker skinned.
Thank you. I guess that is their point but basing it on on one DNA find in my opinion is not enough to draw a conclusion for a whole race. Not that skin color should matter anyway. However for the point of science I think they need more evidence to draw this conclusion.