Am I paranormally gifted? How do I proceed?

Thesentinel

Reaction score
Alright here we go.. I came here for help. I will give you a bit of background information so you get a better picture of the whole situation.

All my life I have been very interested in the paranormal. During family events we often talked about paranormal experiences. My family experiences quite some paranormal things:

• my aunt moved out of a house because the activity in there made her go crazy. Also she believes it was responsible for the break up between her and her (ex) husband because he changed in a bad way.
  • The mother of my uncle could heal illness or bend off pain in people. My uncle and his wife experience this first hand.
  • Allot of family members experienced seeing a diseased person not long after they died.
  • My dad was frequently asked to join groups of people who having contact with spirit because his energy was apparently attracting spirits. Whenever he was there things would happen. (I heard this from my aunt, his sister, my dad never wants to talk about it)

I was so eager to find out of all of this was true. During my the years I started to experience more and more paranormal stuff. Loud knocks, completely untraceable to what caused them. Footsteps around my bed. Seeing black mists hover. Cold spots. Wind in my face. At age 18 I was still not sure whether it was real or perhaps a trick of the mind or rich imagination. I have had many many many sleepless night because I felt I was not alone in my room.

During one night i was so sick of being scared because I felt this entity in my room.. again. I asked if anyone was there and if so, then my please make a clear noise. Within 5 seconds I received my answer through a super loud noise near my desk across the other side of my room. I slept between my parents that night.... I discussed it multiple times with my mom and she never seemed to take it seriously and brush it off.

I needed more comfirmation so I used an ouija board (2 times) and made contact with something. The first one was not willing to talk as it dragged the planchette to '' Goodbye'' after giving a few short answers. The second conversation took place a few months later and was really positive and long. The force on the board was incredible. Often the planchette would go faster than anyone's finger could track it. The energy was high and I started to believe.

During this Christmas dinner my aunt and uncle were over for dinner and we had one of our talks again and my mom told me she had to confess something. She told me that when I was 19 years old. During the peak of all activity she had a woman over in our house. This lady did not know anything about us. She came for a beauty treatment at my mom's Salon. According to my mom's story as soon as this women set foot in our house she stopped and said:

Do you know your eldest son has a paranormal gift?

The woman told my mom she was a psychic and offered to help me strengthen this gift and learn to deal with it. My mom said no because she felt I already had too many sleepless nights over this. I wish she had told me earlier because maybe i would had understood it better. I also understand why she didn't do it, it was controlling my life at that time. Unfortunately this women is dead now so I cant reach out to her.

Now i am 25 years old and I still hear/see/feel things here and there but nowhere as strong when I was the age of 19 age. The last 5 years i have sort of ignored it all and lived my life but since my mom told me this 3 months ago I am trying to open up again. (With some success)

how do I strengthen this gift? Should I visit a physic and see if they notice something about me? I am not sure how to proceed or what I should do but I feel ready and not scared anymore, not even for demonic entities.

Wow. A lot there to answer, my friend, and welcome to the forum. FIRST thing I'm gonna tell you is STAY AWAY FROM THE OUIJA BOARD. That is not a good place to find answers but often a place to find trouble.

If you are asking if you have gifts and per your stories of activities, yes, you most likely have some abilities. We're here to help, and you will most likely get a lot of different views on the topic. Let me ask you this....do you have any spiritual or religious preferences? That will help us guide you in a way you are most comfortable. And how much study have you done on the paranormal itself before this?

you sure have something, Sentinel.
my aunt moved out of a house because the activity in there made her go crazy. Also she believes it was responsible for the break up between her and her (ex) husband because he changed in a bad way.
usually I'd call this poltergeist activity, but because it resulted in a break up, and started making changes in her ex husband, I'd be inclined to call this one demonic oppression. but I don't know anything about them. I hope they're well

My dad was frequently asked to join groups of people who having contact with spirit because his energy was apparently attracting spirits. Whenever he was there things would happen. (I heard this from my aunt, his sister, my dad never wants to talk about it)
interesting. was he well known by these people asking for help or was it just a charismatic quality about him?

not sure if this makes you spiritually gifted or you just have a lot of paranormal activity in your life and the lives of people around you. either way, all are welcome here, Thesentinel! and keep sharing stories if you want

sorry sentinel, but it's a "tradition" here to collaboratively tell people not to mess with Ouija boards. for the many members that have used one in the past (I too made the mistake), there's been a nasty mishap of sorts at one point.

Wow. A lot there to answer, my friend, and welcome to the forum. FIRST thing I'm gonna tell you is STAY AWAY FROM THE OUIJA BOARD. That is not a good place to find answers but often a place to find trouble.

If you are asking if you have gifts and per your stories of activities, yes, you most likely have some abilities. We're here to help, and you will most likely get a lot of different views on the topic. Let me ask you this....do you have any spiritual or religious preferences? That will help us guide you in a way you are most comfortable. And how much study have you done on the paranormal itself before this?

I know using the board is a dangerous thing to do but i guess we all went down that road at one point in our life. I have no spiritual preferences and If I am honest I don't believe in a single almighty god. I don't believe in heaven or hell. When someone dies I believe they stay here on this earth but in another dimension. I believe you need that 'sixth' sense to connect with the other dimensions. I dont want to call it the sixth sense because it sounds so cliche but I guess you know what I mean. I would like to strengthen my abilities (if I have any at all) and I don't really know how to do this.

I've read allot of stuff, conjuring, channeling, good (holy) spirits, demonic entities, santanic rituals, empaths, out of body experiences, lucid dreaming and the list goes on. I never practised any of it because I want guidance from someone experienced because i do take this very seriously. I am not interested in the darker stuff btw I just read about it to increase my knowledge.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
sorry sentinel, but it's a "tradition" here to collaboratively tell people not to mess with Ouija boards. for the many members that have used one in the past (I too made the mistake), there's been a nasty mishap of sorts at one point.

yeah I noticed it haha :p. I got warned many times before but went down that road anyway. I wanted that confirmation and i got it.

After the first ouija session something decided to stay for a while. I saw it two times in a short period but it didn't feel uncomfortable or anything. After the second time I just told it to leave and go back where it came from. After that things cooled down. Guess it doesn't always go as easy as it did with me.

Reactions: Benway and Debi