Am I a paranormal repellent?

i think open people need to stay grounded to a degree,we are living beings and need to survive on the planet for now.Everyone needs to know how far into the paranormal to get depending on the individual,for some it's just a dip,others delve deep but shouldn't get in too deep for their own sanity imo.

i think open people need to stay grounded to a degree,we are living beings and need to survive on the planet for now.Everyone needs to know how far into the paranormal to get depending on the individual,for some it's just a dip,others delve deep but shouldn't get in too deep for their own sanity imo.
For ppl with abilities I never thought it to be " paranormal " , its who they are, who they are meant to be..... Perhaps the problems arise from not understanding or lack of teaching, but not actually from the abilities themselves....to be free requires acceptance and awakening.....true, the world is a scary place, but more often than nought the world is just a mirror and what we see is just our own reflection.....our own ego and self, the " I " must be overcome to see we are all " one "..........these are the teachings that are being lost with this " I want it now " world of shortcuts and no discipline...... I think most ppl just jump around and delve into the wrong places.

For ppl with abilities I never thought it to be " paranormal " , its who they are, who they are meant to be..... Perhaps the problems arise from not understanding or lack of teaching, but not actually from the abilities themselves....to be free requires acceptance and awakening.....true, the world is a scary place, but more often than nought the world is just a mirror and what we see is just our own reflection.....our own ego and self, the " I " must be overcome to see we are all " one "..........these are the teachings that are being lost with this " I want it now " world of shortcuts and no discipline...... I think most ppl just jump around and delve into the wrong places.
I agree, Paul. It's simply who we are. We are "wired" like this. Everyone has the ability, but some people prefer to damper theirs.

When I refer to catalysts and dampers, let me explain a bit more. I think those who are open to their own abilities actually are the ones who are "matching" those mates in energy. I don't think it's the other person so much as we ourselves holding back to match those we are with. When in a setting with others who are open, it's like swinging open the doors wide and off we go.

I do believe we are all one...yet we try to "meet" people where they are. My husband is much more open to these things now and the kids have always been. So I now don't have to "meet" him on his old energy level as much and I just do me. However, if I'm reading his mind too much he will tell me to stop that...lol

I will also say there is a difference in paranormal use vs. spiritual use of this energy. I don't seek out the paranormal ghosts or chase them down to get proof. Don't need it.

In my training, we call those that enhance gifts catalysts. Wands, if you put two or three gifted people in a circle, think of what happens. Energy rises and increases.

Now, for those that keep us level, (and I do happen to agree having a mundane partner tends to keep our feet on the ground so we don't float away), I've heard the term damper. These are truly old school terms as I learned them over 50 years ago from a lovely old witch who had been in the biz for a very long time.
I am familiar with how we can positively influence each other’s energies. I’ve been privileged to observe it in action.

And pardon my inference of age here but, I appreciate that you are continuing that earlier tradition by sharing your knowledge again with me. I will therefore choose to replace the terms of enabler and codependent (which I’m certain I learned somewhere ;)) and use catalyst and damper instead. Damper does sound old school for sure. My GF is my damper. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I will also say there is a difference in paranormal use vs. spiritual use of this energy. I don't seek out the paranormal ghosts or chase them down to get proof. Don't need it.
That first sentence grabbed my attention and my “learner ears” perked up. But I was unable Debi to put your second sentence into context of the first.

I think I get your final point - I too enjoy hearing others’ paranormal experiences but I’m many years passed the need for evidence to accept the existence of the mystical. It is nice to have reached this place too.

Do you have the opportunity to further explain your first point please?

Perhaps the problems arise from not understanding or lack of teaching, but not actually from the abilities themselves....
Very true,until I joined here I had a lifetime of doubting myself due to lack of knowledge of the paranormal,sometimes to the point of questioning my sanity.I now embrace and use my sensitivity in all aspects of my life and see it more of a help than hinderance.

Very true,until I joined here I had a lifetime of doubting myself due to lack of knowledge of the paranormal,sometimes to the point of questioning my sanity.I now embrace and use my sensitivity in all aspects of my life and see it more of a help than hinderance.
This is a great way to embrace it.

Wands, I was referring in the second sentence to people who prefer to suppress their abilities. Sorry for any confusion on that. It was late, I was tired...lol

We all have abilities. Some more than others, but I believe we all have them. I have known people who deliberately suppress them for a variety of reasons.

Did that clear the confusion for you?

As for the second paragraph, I am saying that our mundane partners may not be the only influences as dampners. We may also self regulate our own energy to "meet" or align with the more mundane energies of our partners. It may be a combo of the two things...self regulating plus their dampening nature.

We all have abilities. Some more than others, but I believe we all have them
I also believe that ,I think a lot of people live in denial of things even if they happens in front of their face,maybe it's how they protect themselves.My mother is a prime example but I think she's finally coming around to accepting it.Growing up in the redneck Oz of the 50's I can see why.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Props up to you Oz!

Reactions: ozentity