Alledged encounter with Virgin Mary

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Alleged Encounter with Virgin Mary Apparition Causes a Stir in Uganda | Coast to Coast AM

In a bizarre situation unfolding in a Ugandan village, an alleged encounter with a Virgin Mary apparition has inspired thousands of pilgrims to descend upon the site, much to the chagrin of authorities who are trying to thwart the spread of the coronavirus. The strangeness reportedly began earlier this month in the community of Minako, where Philister Lekuru claims to have spoken with the spirit of the Holy Mother. According to the witness, the apparition told her to begin fasting and also to stay inside her home until the spirit returned with further instructions later this month.

While Lekuru has dutifully followed those directives, it would seem that her account of the encounter escaped the walls of her home as word of the remarkable incident quickly spread throughout the village and nearby communities. For reasons which even the witness cannot explain, the rumor mill has become fixated upon an avocado tree on Lekura's property where several individuals say that they have also seen the Virgin Mary. These secondary sightings have seemingly spawned something of a sensation in the region as now thousands of people have started flocking to the location in an attempt to see the spirit in the tree.

Full story at site

Reactions: Benway
Alleged Encounter with Virgin Mary Apparition Causes a Stir in Uganda | Coast to Coast AM

In a bizarre situation unfolding in a Ugandan village, an alleged encounter with a Virgin Mary apparition has inspired thousands of pilgrims to descend upon the site, much to the chagrin of authorities who are trying to thwart the spread of the coronavirus. The strangeness reportedly began earlier this month in the community of Minako, where Philister Lekuru claims to have spoken with the spirit of the Holy Mother. According to the witness, the apparition told her to begin fasting and also to stay inside her home until the spirit returned with further instructions later this month.

While Lekuru has dutifully followed those directives, it would seem that her account of the encounter escaped the walls of her home as word of the remarkable incident quickly spread throughout the village and nearby communities. For reasons which even the witness cannot explain, the rumor mill has become fixated upon an avocado tree on Lekura's property where several individuals say that they have also seen the Virgin Mary. These secondary sightings have seemingly spawned something of a sensation in the region as now thousands of people have started flocking to the location in an attempt to see the spirit in the tree.

Full story at site
Divine intervention to offer comfort and sound advice spirals into a magnet for fanatics who take over, ignore the message and anybody who knows what they are talking about, cause harm, tell lies and worship a tree instead. It's like a sad microcosm of the history of every religion in fast forward. I hope Lekuru does well and the idiots and charlatans lose interest and go away before too much harm is done.

Reactions: ozentity
I feel like this could be alien manipulation. Or maybe its just god using religious figures to help give these people comfort during pandemic.

I feel like this could be alien manipulation. Or maybe its just god using religious figures to help give these people comfort during pandemic.
My take on these kind of things is the latter. :)

Reactions: Duke
Any Inspiration in hard times real or not helps people cope. People are looking for hope.

Reactions: ozentity
Since I am not Catholic I have never put much credence in Mary sightings. Actually I have always thought that the many "sightings" of Mary, if they are of divine nature, are more likely to be God HERSELF. That would be the reason that when Moses wanted to actually see GOD he was only shown the back. It is said that nobody would survive to see the true face of God.